Attestation d’accueil for nus-propriétaires?

Bearing in mind that Mr Dutertre seems to have subesequently received some negative comments (as in Julian’s link above)… it would be useful to know if the Notaire to whom he referred you… still appears in www.notaires.fr ???

Whatever, it seems to me that the site www.notaires.fr is a useful source for any of us trying to locate a Notaire… and/or checking to see if a referral is kosha… :wink:

EDIT: I’ve amended my wording… after fair comment from @Dory_Dickson

Mr Duerte is well known in some circles and as far as I know only provides informal advice for free, and does not practice. He may have engaged in unscrupulous practices (didn’t read link) but that doesn’t mean his knowledge is poor.

Mr Dutertre is registered at Companies House as a director of France Tax Law, which operates a company of the same name based in the North East of the UK. The intro from their website is thus:

" Welcome to FranceTaxLaw. We are a dedicated team of French qualified notaire providing expert advice in French and international law."

They do not give the names or credentials of the notaire that provide the advice.

I have seen Mr Duterte referred to on forums, where he is much recommended, as a notaire but maybe that’s not accurate. I don’t think we can say he has been ’subsequently discredited,’ many professionals have a blemish somewhere in their history which doesn’t mean they don’t do a good job otherwise. Anyway, he has relevant expertise and charges a small fee for a consultation. I don’t think he is linked to a network of bent notaires; but I don’t particularly trust any of them, so any resource for checking them out is useful.

1 Like

He’s quoted me £175 for an online consultation, which I don’t consider small.!
He also sent me an email with his qualifications and experience, indicating he is a qualified Notaire.
Many people seem to be very happy with him on FB, but of course, until they have deceased, it’s difficult to really know if he’s done a good job with his advice!

As dead clients tell no tales :thinking: Sounds like an Agatha Christie :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s a group on there which is quite scathing of him. I guess, as always, caveat emptor.

Exactly!:joy::joy:

Hi
my son who is 14 got left a share of his dads house as he dies in France, Mr Dutertre wrote to me as a qualified notiare over the property. I sent in forms and then as things went on and he didnt reply then I got a letter from him to say if my son passed over his share to the house they would agree to pay my son a debt his dad owed him and has a ccs on him for 2,500. we are being blackmailed and hes also tried to scare me over bills etc, its not worked but when I started to quiz him and asked for copies of all what was going on and he then a year later admitted he was not the notaire and acting on behalf of my exes two daughters.
so here I am looking this person up and seems I am correct.
does anyone know what he is ?
where can I report this man please ?
He is trying to con my son aged 13 when his dad dies out of a share of a house hes entitles to and a debt hes also owed. any help would be amazing as it about whats right over the money. thanks Debs

If you have a problem with a notaire then this link gives you the procedure to follow. However I think Mr Duterte has been struck off, so is not actually a registered notaire anymore. Nevertheless you can complain to the President of the regional committee that he has been impersonating a notaire.

Hi
Yes I have letters from him stating qualified Hotwire and was pretending to be one and trying to blackmail and scare me to give up my sons share of the house. Thats great I will contact them. Thankyou so much for your help.
Debs.