Attestation d’accueil for nus-propriétaires?

Hello all, does anyone know the answer to this please ? My husband’s children are the nus-propriétaires of our house and we have usufruit. Do they need an attestation when they stay with us ? It doesn’t seem quite right as they are the owners. If not, is there some other paperwork they need ?

what nationality are they… and in which country do they live ???

(I’m presuming they’re already applying for a visa to visit France if they are Not-French and are Resident outside the EU…)

By all accounts a valid passport, health insurance and a credit card are all that are required now. Some maries are refusing to issue attestations as being pointless work! Anyway, as owners just some document that shows this will do as all that is needed is proof of somewhere to stay.

Vous devez remplir toutes les conditions suivantes lors du franchissement de la frontière :

• Avoir un passeport (ou autre document de voyage) délivré depuis moins de 10 ans et dont la durée de validité est d’au moins 3 mois supérieure à la date prévue de votre départ
  • Si votre nationalité l’exige, avoir un visa valide délivré par un pays Schengen
  • Justifier l’objet et les conditions de votre séjour (voyage privé ou professionnel, attestation d’accueilou justificatif d’hébergement, rapatriement, etc.)
  • Avoir une assurance couvrant les dépenses médicales et hospitalières, y compris d’aide sociale, pour les soins que vous pourriez recevoir en France (la couverture minimum demandée est de 30 000 €)
  • Ne pas être signalé aux fins de non-admission dans le système d’information Schengen: Fichier européen permettant aux forces de l’ordre et magistrats des pays de l’espace Schengen d’avoir des informations sur des personnes recherchées (fugitifs, personnes disparues, etc.). Les étrangers refusés à l’entrée d’un pays de l’espace Schengen sont également inscrits dans ce fichier.
  • Ne pas représenter une menace pour l’ordre public, la sécurité intérieure, la santé publique ou les relations internationales d’un des pays Schengen
  • Disposer de ressources suffisantes (argent liquide, cartes bancaires, etc.) ou pouvoir les acquérir légalement (activité professionnelle, etc.)

Le niveau de ressources exigé par jour de séjour en France varie selon la preuve d’hébergement :

• Si vous avez une attestation d’accueil : 32,50 €
  • Si vous avez une preuve de réservation d’une chambre d’hôtel : 65 €
  • Si vous n’avez pas de preuve de réservation d’une chambre d’hôtel : 120 €

They’re British living in the uk. We’re only talking about holiday visits.

then they’ll be doing the “up to , but not exceeding 90 days”… should be straight forward as @JaneJones suggests…

May I ask how you managed this? We are thinking of doing the same with our property so my step-daughter (husband’s daughter) owns our house.

When we looked into this we found some general information but we really needed advice to understand how it applied to our situation. We booked an online appointment with Christophe Dutertre, an English-speaking Notaire who works in the UK and France. We found him through the Facebook group Strictly Fiscal France. He then found us a local Notaire to carry out the work. The process was not cheap, but should my husband predecease me it will save his kids from an astronomical tax bill.

Thank you Jane that’s very helpful

Yes I’m sure they dream of being able to take a 90 days break !

May I ask how much “not cheap” it was?

Around 6000 euros last year. But if we didn’t do it the kids would have to find 60% of the value of the house in order to inherit from me, which would be impossible for them.

Thank you for the information. We may contact our notaire and try and find a similar solution for our daughter,

It may cost less depending on your circumstances. For example our Notaire thought it would have been simpler/cheaper if we had been married in the UK rather than in France, but I don’t know why.

Maybe, plus if we get any relevant clauses put in now during the purchase of our house, it may be cheaper. Thanks for your help.

UK marriage regime is séparation des biens, so you each have a say over your own patrimoine. France is communal.

Yes I’m sure it will be cheaper in that case

Does anyone know if Australian marriages are communal or treated ‘separation des biens’? Just sorting our Wills.

Mr Dutertre has an order against him from the SRA in the UK for misappropriation of a client’s money. Full details including sanctions against him can be found via the link below.

So given Julian’s input, is he a Notaire?

There is no notaire registered under that name on www.notaires.fr