Audrey Niffenegger talks about her new graphic novel

Audrey Niffenegger, author of the best selling Time Traveler’s Wife, joins Jenni Murray to talk about her new graphic novel The Night Bookmobile.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bpjjm . It was inspired by a dream she had of finding a magical library in a secret room in her grandmother’s house containing everything she’d ever read. The graphic novel involves a magical mobile library that contains EVERYTHING she’d ever read including all the children’s books, cereal packets, personal diaries…

I too have dreams about libraries, but having worked in libraries, mine are all nightmares about people refusing to leave at closing time, huge classes of children arriving unexpectedly for talks and visits that I haven't prepared for.... and knowing there's a book that contains the answers to a reader's question and not being able to find the book! Does that make me a weirdo?

:((

I read up to the bit about the two old men and wondered what was coming next…phew, only origami! When I first started work, a man old enough to be my great grandfather made a pass at me…several times over the years I’ve been propositioned, including offerings of homemade chocolates and orchids but never by the young fit ones, alas.

Daisy did her work experience in the local library last year and every Wednesday, two old men came in to do an origami workshop for the kids - or anyone else who was interested. The stuff was amazing but…there was so much of it being created on a weekly basis that the poor librarians were in despair as to what to do with it. Daisy said she was haunted by dreams of origami dogs for weeks afterwards…