Aurora Borealis on the move. What does this mean?

No its all down to Bill Gates spreading his chemicals through the atmosphere. He has a new more powerful setup which is why people in France could see it this year. Fortunately in London the wind changed direction and protected us from his chem trail.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I got the tripod out, spare camera batteries x 2, trundled north on the D674 road to St. Lo. Parked up with a good view of the sky with some trees set back, to add a bit of interest.

Sat there for 3 hrs - nothing.

Nothing except an amazing amount of traffic. It’s fair fortnight in Vire. Saturday night was the fireworks so after midnight there was a steady stream of cars heading out of Vire.

My results were …

This picture has a purplish tint but I put that down to colour cast due to 30-40 sec exposure. But it might be the a/b. Hardly worth the bother.

and a lot of

:roll_eyes: Very disappointing.

I’ve seen the a/borealis once, when I was about 10 y.o. © 1960 . The prep school h/m got us all out of bed to see them from the lawn of the school, outside Gosforth, Cumberland.

1 Like

The last time this happened, in 2003, we were living in Canada and my parents were visiting. My father went outside for a smoke and was gone for quite a long time to which we didn’t give much thought as he would talk to any random that would pass by.
He came in after about 20 minutes telling us that he’d watching strange lights in the sky that “might be the Northern Lights”. Didn’t come in to tell anyone, mind.
Given that it’s been a longstanding item on my bucket list, he still hasn’t been forgiven.

1 Like

Keep wearing those tinfoil hats.

4 Likes

This should be in the humour thread - LOL moment. :grin: :grin:

The clue being the northern light 365 day of the year :roll_eyes: Dont forget these people probably have the right to vote :flushed:

And they’re from Norfolk… :smiley: :smiley:

Inbreeds

…and a taste for violence

1 Like