Australian seeking residency options

Hi, I have fallen head over heels for France and am desperately seeking options to stay with residency rights.

I only hold an Australian passport and am currently here ‘hanging out’ with thanks to a UK working holiday visa and a temporary residency card for the UK.

All this is due to expire soon and I wondering if any Australians have had any success with claiming residency via a means that is not ´marry a French man’.

All advice is truly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tilly

1 Like

Hi @Tilly_Millican

Welcome to SF, I hope you get the advice you need :slight_smile:

James

1 Like

Can’t you just apply for a visa? Do you speak French? Do you have any skills we need?

1 Like

Please don’t take this amiss, but how long have you spent in France and have you just been on holiday? You might find it a bit different a) after a while & b) having to earn a living

1 Like

Three years. Thank you.

Have used them all up!

Hi Tilly…

Are you saying that you have applied for whatever Visas have been available over the last 3 years… and now there are no more Visa options open to you???

Sorry I am trying to get my head around this website - It’s not working very well. My first response was not meant to be so short. :sweat_smile:
I have used my working holiday visa already, and unfortunately I don’t qualify for much else. I am now heading down the path of this visa…

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/self-employed-person-or-liberal-activity

Anyone else followed this process? It’s quite hard knowing how to get going and who to contact…

That is written very much towards people who are currently outside France, and applying for a visa to come here. So some of it reads oddly for someone who is already here.

You difficulty will be to prove that setting yourself up for services à la personne will earn enough to meet the financial threshold. Does your current visa allow you to work? And does it have enough time on it to start to establish an income earning activity?

1 Like

Hi Jane,
Thanks for clarifying that, back to the think tank it is - I have responded further on my most recent post. Yes I have time to establish an income earning activity under the safety net of another nations working holiday visa. Feeling much better then before, being able to bounce off of people.

Thank you,

Tilly

If you are in the Netherlands, go to the French consulate or Embassy and talk to someone about a long-stay visa and how you can get one.