Autobus Sans Conducteur will start running from the 1 st April 2021

This is very surprising if true. Are you saying that of the 27 EU countries only France is not exchanging driving licences for British people since Brexit? All the other 26 countries have continued to exchange licences since Brexit? Do you know this for sure? The only reason I say this is that in all other respects France has bent over backwards to help British people both before and after Brexit so why are driving licences the stumbling block?
Izzy x

No personal knowledge about all the 27 EU countries but as last month Spain was accepting the UK licence when renewing/replacing a licence at the end of its validity and an aquaintance in Bulgaria had no issues when exchanging his licence. ANTS in France will not accept an application to renew/replace a UK licence thus leaving UK expats outside the law when their current licence runs out. An early resolution to the issue was promised but last weeks talks resulted in a failure to agree.

I believe that the refugee issue is a completely different topic - unless you believe that the UK expats whose 10 year licences are expiring should be used as a bargaining tool

So why did you say that

When you donā€™t know if this is true or not?

1 Like

And this started out as a fun April fools thread

Yes my April fools bit of fun has been hijackedā€¦I am going to stop following my own thread now. Itā€™s all gone a bit weird,

2 Likes

Careless of me - please read asā€™ France is the only country known to be refusing to exchange UK licences '- which I repeat is causing uneccesary distress to many - I repeat many - long term expats who find themselves unable to drive legally in what is now their home country. Perhaps you would like to help them by signing the petition to have the issue resolved

Seeing as there are a few topics already running about this subject, you would be better of posting in them instead of hijacking this one :wink:

2 Likes

Simple for you but not for me, a French person with a British licence. Just thole it, no point giving yourself ulcers over it.