Autumnal photography - what have you got?

My fave format/gear was Mamiya 645. It handled like a 35mm but loads more image area and is A4 without cropping

I prefered it to the 6 x 6 of Hasselblad, which was the default medium format in almost every studio in London and, having bought one with standard 80mm lens, I could never afford to buy any others! Rented them.

I had a dinky 5" x 4" field camera - a Wista. Cherry wood and brass, a Japanese copy of a Gandolfi field camera.

Folds up flat the size of the average hard back novel.

I got it in an attempt to take pictures very, very slowly. Now, of course, one can rattle away taking dozens at a time, tho’ I don’t. I still shoot as if I am aying for every frame.

2 Likes

I have to see a photo, and that usually happens as I walk past a situation. If I stop, set up a tripod, carefully compose, expose etc the photo is usually technically tolerable but generally very dull. While there are exceptions where spontaneity is quite un-necessary they are relatively rare. A 5X4 or even better 10X8 camera would be lovely, but I’d probably just waste a lot of money in materials and end up with some beautifully detailed and very boring pictures. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Meuse at Mouzon in the Ardennes 59 departement

3 Likes

The Meuse at Mouzon in the Ardennes 59 departement

5 Likes

Fantastic colours Ken. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Fine time to be in the hills…

8 Likes

Lovely.

Wow!

Look out for la chasse.

:deer:

1 Like

Guess what we had for supper?

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouraging message

It has taken 70 years to see one and it turned up today but still looking for the adult

10 Likes

wow… !!
what is the adult ??? is it a hawkmoth??

The squirrels have gathered quite a hoard… :rofl:

1 Like

The adult will bear the mark of a skull t’is the Deaths Head Hawkmoth

1 Like

I’ve only once seen a DH Hawkmoth close enough to definitely see the “skull”…
we’d seen one or two of these big-boys fluttering and were thrilled to absolutely confirm just what they were…
not seen any this year… but it’s been a strange year…

Too true! High Viz for me and the dog…Also suicidal deer on the roads at night!

We’ve had torrential rain the last few days, on and off, and it’s stripped quite a lot of the best leaves from the trees, however there’s still some colour. We managed to get to Blenheim this afternoon between showers.

All phone pix.

4 Likes

Amazing sunset

9 Likes

7 Likes