Avoiding advertising

While I appreciate that things have to be paid for by advertising is there anyway to view posts on here without the adverts?

By showing your appreciation to what an excellent resource SF is.
Look at the tip jar thread.

1 Like

Have a look here…

Or go directly to the tip jar itself.

Indeed. I avoided linking directly as the tip jar url doesn’t give any confirmation that it’s related to Survive France - if I stumbled across it I’d be wary of donating!

Perhaps I’m just too cautious when it comes to parting with money on the internet …

2 Likes

Fair comment.

I don’t think you can be too cautious when parting with money, especially online.

There’s a PayPal link which provides a bit more reassurance.

3 Likes

And you can use an ad blocker as well - I have mine set to block pretty much everything

3 Likes

Thank you, Billy! Super easy :slightly_smiling_face:
Merry Christmas to you.

Yes, I’m very wary of the url/ link too, doesn’t inspire confidence. So I’ll be sending a chèque.

If you like living dangerously I’m pretty sure the site said Thank you from SF, after using the link and donating. So you would know that way. And the transaction showed up clearly on my account with text showing it was paid to SF

1 Like

I’m sure the site is legit, as so no one on here has complained. It’s my personal choice to send a check. Pretty easy for an IT Dev with a UX product designer to do the same sort of site. Now doing that would be dangerous for a few hundred euros. :grinning:

1 Like

20221228_092443
Looks ok to me.

We all have our own preferences… I write cheques when reserving our places for car trips etc…

On the other hand, I do use my CBancaire at the supermarkets…