Bad debt ... how do I "set the dogs on them"?

My brother tried this out to get paid - went to the office of debtor and asked for his payment. Secretary says boss isn't in, so the brother sat in reception, started drooling out of the side of his mouth, rocking gently back and forward, muttering over and over "I want me money, I want me money". The debtor, who had stonewalled for several months, suddenly appeared and paid over the money. :-)

yep, bloody annoying!!!

Bloody annoying though even if you do have to let it go!

Unfortunately James is right, call in a huissier and it'll cost you far far more than the debt and a debt collection agency probably wouldn't bother either. I usually phone then go and visit people if their cheque bounces. I have one in the office still awaiting payment at the moment... :-( As yours is so far away it probably isn't worth it. I had a similar one with a translation, after months of hassle, I finally agreed to accept 200€ rather than the originally agreed 320€ and they paid up no problem - they were too far away to merit a visit!

The dogs will be more expensive than the value of the debt. I would chalk it up to experience and pour myself a drink!