Beaujolais-villages

My first walk on Rue la Fayette, I took a small detour and found Wine Therapy, owned by Laurent Delsaux. https://www.facebook.com/WineTherapyParis/

So, every third Thursday in November is beaujolais day? That’s one thing I learned while sipping beaujolais there. So that would have been last week, November 15th. I found a little bit of info, https://www.intowine.com/beaujolais2.html, here’s an excerpt:

“Beaujolais Nouveau began as a local phenomenon in the local bars, cafes, and bistros of Beaujolais and Lyons. Each fall the new Beaujolais would arrive with much fanfare. In pitchers filled from the growers barrels, wine was drunk by an eager population. It was wine made fast to drink while the better Beaujolais was taking a more leisurely course. Eventually, the government stepped into regulate the sale of all this quickly transported, free-flowing wine.”

Anyway; I recommend this little place, Wine Therapy, highly. Mssr Delsaux says he opened his doors only 4 weeks ago. He wants his customers to try local wine, and explore the different ones, not just beaujolais. I’m a wine neophyte; yet I feel like I might have made an acquaintance, even a new friend, and I am in awe of his knowledge and his desire to discuss, and to serve wonderful affordable wine to his customers. Perhaps if anyone from SF visits, you might mention my name. Very kind and patient (to a brand-new tourist, that’s an amazing thing, in Paris, I think!), and multi-lingual. Cheers.

Also, there’s this: https://soundcloud.com/user-819251535/03-rester-sobre-a-vinsobres?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

2 Likes

and in my part of the world we have the same thing at the same time so here’s another one for you to try - Gaillac Primeur :wink:

1 Like

Beaujolais Villages is totally different from Beaujolais Nouveau.
We have recently discovered a Beaujolais Villages Blanc which is very exciting.
It is made by a petit producteur in Jullie.
We are only half an hour from the Beaujolais, the Maconnais and the Cote Challonais, so have very good wine on our doorstep, whilst living in the rolling countryside of the Clunysois.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to understanding the difference. I think I was tasting Beaujolais Villages, but not blanc. I’ll ask and try to taste some. I’m so looking forward to living in France and learning more. Trying to get a head start right away. I’m hoping to settle in Sancerre area; the rolling countryside of Clunysois where you are, sounds incredibly beautiful. Thanks.

Mary, I hope you find the blanc. I asked our vigneron how many were producing it and he said that there more now than before.
Sancerre is one of my favourite wines.

1 Like

Great to know about that, and I will definitely make the effort to do so. I also tried a red from Sancerre and I did like it a lot. It was unusual… I understand Sancerre is known more for the blanc wines.

This is a great share. I am going to try this. I have developed a taste for wine recently and can’t wait to try out new places all around. Thanks

There is also a white Beaujolais Villages.
Worth a try.