Being qualified to work in France

I don’t think so! As Jane said go and talk to pole emploi. Good luck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I’ll look into again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Makes no difference surely? The small print of the company’s insurance cover would require workers to be trained and qualified for the job.

If it did how would labourers have a job?

??

H&S induction and requirement fir hard hats and safety boots is probably adequate.

1 Like

The worst offenders for H and S violations are “artisans” .They are not the paragons of virtue.They know that the chances of a visit by the Inspection de travail is very unlikely.

I’ve lost the argument you are trying to make. On one hand you say that there are many good tradespeople who have no formal qualifications. Then on the other you say that artisans (aka tradespeople) are the worst for H&S.

Health and Safety has nothing to do with how good a tradesperson someone is.

Not sure I would agree, better tradepeople look after their working environment way more than those just going through the motions. A good H&S record attracts likeminded people who want to work and not get injured. So a company builds an enviable reputation. Work for someone who doesnt give a care about their staff, H&S and therfore the law and the company could be fined and close or just closed for a serious breach. I know which I would prefer to work with.

2 Likes

And as I know full well, so are the organisations, CIAS etc., who employ the aides de toilette and domicile. As @toryroo will confirm, my wife’s geriatrics doctors are advocating that she has morning and night visits for her needs but I know full well that we will be lucky to get an increase from the present 2 for the personal care and one for the cleaning. This week is a case in point Monday and Thursday mornings, ok, (though last week Monday had to be changed to Tuesday) but the Wednesday afternoon visit has been put back to Friday and one week was cancelled altogether. Staff shortages meaning that one blip and there is no replacement.

@toryroo Pls send that info, I am interested. Thanks!