Being spied on

They used to do that up north in Bretagne evry few years taking photos of villages and towns that people could then buy from the company taking photos. Ads used to appear in the local paper. Ariel photos are taken for many reasons- planning, electricity pylons, land mapping, anything at all. I got miffed a couple of years ago when a drone was being used to take photos of the village church roof and steeple by the expert architect for historic buildings thingy and it started going round the whole village stopping over several houses, mine included. Shame I didn’t have any airgun pellets to hand at the time!

I presume it wasn’t the Mairie checking on new swimming pools!

3 Likes

There’s an aerial photo of the house in Cussy that we inherited when we bought the place.

People can take aerial photos as long as people are not identifiable. And there are also the official aerial IGN photos (which you can buy)

3 Likes

O no, can you see me :laughing:

1 Like

In the veg patch? Alongside the cars? :grin:

Nope :wink:, it’s like where’s Wally, which is appropriate :grin:

3 Likes

Crossing the stream?

Very hard to recognise a person (one doesn’t know) from the top of their head view 1mm large.

Beside the blue van opposite the round house/mill?

I’m on the bridge crossing the lake and the moat :wink:
The round building is one of the turrets left from the 15th century castle.

I thought that first but a small brown blob on a brown path, how can you even be sure?!? :smiley:

2 Likes

Love the round building! I know where you can get some lovely round beds :crazy_face:

3 Likes

There are two towers of the original six left.

3 Likes

And I notice you still have archer’s windows.
So handy!

Especially for seeing what’s going on in Ambridge :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

He’s a Ghost Buster! :innocent:

2 Likes

The neighbour has moved out permanently .
I am getting used to the feeling of privacy .:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I know the feeling, my neighbour Dracula has covered our dividing fence with wooden panels so I can’t see him in his bath-sized pool and he can’t spy on me trying to get rid of the weeds that are trying to get into his!

1 Like

Talking about “privacy”… we and our neighbours have a tacit agreement, which has worked well for many, many years.
They politely “ignore” us when they walk down their garden to their veggie patch… and we “politely” ignore them…
Both of us are visible to the other but are entitled to our privacy…

We do share a huge hedge which allows both of us a well-hidden area …
they will sometimes call out from behind the hedge and ask if we’re there… (and we do similarly…)
If one wants to “remain in hiding” there will be no reply and no-one takes offence.

The other evening out walking with a pal…
I was horrified when she shrieked hello to folk who must have thought they were well hidden from the road… behind tall solid gates and shrubbery… but she’d got 'em in her sights… :rofl: they had no escape… :rofl:
I reckon they’ll be planting something quick-growing to fill the small gap… :wink: :wink:

As long as they don’t choose bamboo (Q.V.) :wink:

1 Like