Beware of being charged extra TVA/Tariffs for receiving something from the UK that used to be free

Don’t use Amazon, but look for local suppliers. Far better in so many ways.

Yes so that is why you have to pay duty on items coming to France from UK (and various other countries) because you aren’t in Europe any more. I don’t see what there is for Brexit supporters to complain about.
Obviously my sympathy goes out to those who didn’t want Brexit and are now suffering the consequences.
And don’t use Amazon.

2 Likes

Hmmmm

It is rapidly coming to light that Russia invested enormously in the pro-Brexit campaign - which does make you wonder just how democratic it actually was.

The net contribution needs to be considered as the financial benefit for the whole country and not just the government - even considering the misleading £350M/week would now be considered as an excellent investment by the country on behalf of the whole business community - as way more money is being lost.

Office for Budget Responsibility has stated cost of Brexit will reduce GDP by 4% (double that of Pandemic at 2%).

2 Likes

We used to order loads of goods from the UK,good prices and good delivery cost and speed.Haven,t ordered anything since Brexit,not worth the aggro,sad,but just one of the countless negatives of Brexit.

I am French by the way and did not vote for Brexit but I did vote against the Lisbon treaty with a majority of the French and. Dutch and our votes were ignored and the treaty re-engineered to do exactly the same . I think having been the largest net contributor to the EU budget for decades i think the UK deserves better apart from any other considerations. I don’t think there should be too many illusions about either French or European democracies ……

Net contributor after Germany sorry……

Don,t know what you mean by saying that “UK deserves better”?The Government and the people voted to leave the EU.apparently with full knowledge of what this would mean,they weren,t asked to leave.It,s called shooting yourself in the foot.

I think it’s very possible the UK will do very well in future relative to Europe. But has a few years of difficulty to get through first. Europe has structural problems needing addressing that may drag Europe down for longer than we might think. (Let’s not think about the Russia issue.)

Right now I’m happy and grateful to be here.

1 Like

Naturalisée ou de souche? I think the former and that your name is Karen :slightly_smiling_face: am I right?

1 Like

No and none of your business …

Rachel MACKNEY

:grin: I like crosswords, you could have been Karen Mac (something). :slightly_smiling_face: We had a whole délire about anagrams here some time ago.
There aren’t many Français de souche here, obviously, which is why I wondered , I am sorry if I offended you.

I’m sure Brexit was one of Putin’s most successful investments. He must have been truly inspired by the misinformation campaign.

1 Like

Some were saying Putin also manipulated the US election that got Trump instead of the competent Hilary who (whatever one thought of her other characteristics) was competent and knew where the knives were. As she had been there before with Bill.

1 Like

Hi @Euro50 - I can suggest that the general public had NO idea what they were voting for, even most politicians didn’t really know what would be the outcome and secondly no one foresaw the absolute shambles the Government would make of implementing it ?? IMO :thinking:

You are correct,the public had absolutely no idea what they were voting for,but every time that this is suggested they get very angry and insist that they knew exactly what they were doing,it,s all about saving face,Brexit became such a bone of contention that they can never admit to having being duped and making a massive mistake.By the way,the day before the Brexit referendum,the most googled question was"What is the EU",says it all really.