Big boys toys

I am slowly retiring most of my big toys. My dad never taught me how to fix a car. He told me to get a degree, then a big paycheck, and then hire an expert. I would rather have a nice meal and drink while watching someone else.

I love my chainsaw (cue mad rolling eyes) & my big ride on mower (wish I had a Massey 35) I also like my water/sandblasting machine. That's about it for toys. I'd love one of those theodolite laser thingies but have no possible excuse except being a nerd. & I really really really covet a spectroscope but again no chance (so USEFUL! Analyse the composition of stars in faraway galaxies etc at a glance - surely it's a reasonable thing to sigh for?).

Yeah! Got me a concrete mixer as well :-) But I've also added a diamond disc cutter, circular tile saw, Wood burner that's big enough for our winter and can take 700mm logs without splitting. Oh yes and a Honda Cultivator.

2 Strimmers, chain saw, brush cutter,axe they are my work tools, for my toys 2 motorcycles my wife 4 dogs and 2 goats once upon a time two MGBs

plus a wood fired cooker that i love cooking on

Mine has an automatic gear box.

Yacht, two sports cars, three chain saws , Irish lough drifting dinghy, motor cycle, small French 4x4, ten fishing rods and reels, 300 fishing flies and a tolerant girlfriend. And yes, I have a log splitter in the garage...

can,t have enough tractors & tools they power such as log splitters , shredders & rotovators, flail mowers , topper mowers & stone buriers, never needed one in uk but always wanted one

Petrol mower with gears - the last one had no gears and was an absolute b**** to push up the slope.

Electric log splitter. I did try the good old traditional way with an axe, or hammer/wedge, but ended up with burst blisters, callouses and several near misses. Mind you, had arm pain for 3 months now where a log flew out and hit me so may have a cracked bone. Ooops.

You did just say favourite toys, not the ability to use them safely! I did once mention a chain saw to my log supplier and he almost screamed 'Non!!!' at me. Maybe he was right.

I have a helicopter but it's very small, like VERY small. Thinking of upgrading to one with the webcam option to spy on the locals. A drone would be even better but would have to be VTO. Crop spraying drones will be next.

Sold the mini digger since this was first posted. Got a concrete mixer though.

All of the above - plus three motorcycles!

Thats until you want the lids off jars?
My next door voisin has his own cold room! slaughters his own lamb and hunts anything thats edible, tried to chat about huntin’ in england and he wanted to know what the recipe was for renard!

Like my Kenwood Chef, Wood burning cooker etc?

I would agree with all of the above and add for Big Girls Toys

A Big Boy to operate them all - sorry but I don’t do strimming, mowing or chopping.

Night vision goggles (for chasing the ducks into bed at night)

Thermal underwear. Lots.

Very sturdy brooms (the Dyson blew up last week - I think it was shock at being used rather than overuse)

Enormous fridges and freezers -for the entire carcasses that we buy these days. Long gone are the times when I’d pop into Waitrose for a couple of lamb chops.

Huge utility room to store the jars of curry paste, spices and bulk buying of Beans and (fake Branston) pickle from Lidl’s ethnic weeks.

Alcohol - no need to explain this one…!

I couldn’t live without my mini digger or Land Rover, well I probably could but…