Big dog to face vote of confidence

I’ve been thinking all day… about tonight’s vote.
I don’t think he’ll have to go 'cos I reckon the voting-folk are more or less immune to shock at any of his antics, after all that he’s been up to… “it’s just his way”…
and that sort of thinking will see him supported sufficiently to stay in power for a while yet…
That’s must my thought on this… and I’d love to be wrong.

Johnson “wins” 211 - 148

A good result in some ways - he might limp on - prolonging the damage to his party.
But maybe to the country too…

His premiership is dead, it’s just that the corpse is still warm.

1 Like

the analysts are saying that it is worse than the TM VONC

It is - May was 200:117 - don’t forget that there were fewer Tory MPs at the time, Johnson might have numerically scored more support but as a percentage he is 5 points down on May and, much more important the number voting against, 148 - some 41% of the parliamentary party is much higer than the number against May.

Her premiership stumbled on for another 5 months, Johnson will probably be longer barring further disaster, because he is much less likely to resign voluntarily, but he still has things to face such as the parliamentary standards committee investigation, and probably further “partygate” revelations as well.

1 Like

not to mention a possible drubbing in the two by-elections.

For the opposition parties, it is probably the right result although I can hear Ian Blackford’s “r’s” rrrolling around “A shiver has spread its way along the Tory benches looking for a spine to crawl up” :grin:

Doing a Trump, you mean?

And how could they possibly leave Carrie’s wallpaper? How much is that costing per minute in office?

1 Like

TM was gone in 6 months from her VONC - so it may still be possible before the GE. I think the results of the two up-coming by-elections will put the nails in the coffin. If, when, the Nasty Party lose them then the Party Heavies (Brady and Co.?) will ‘have a quiet word in his shell-like’ and tell him the facts of life. It wont stop Nadine Dorries having the wet knickers for him though!!!

1 Like