Big freeze in northern France, have you been hit?

Blimey!

Yes ....... It's cold up North !

We live just outside St Valery en Caux in Seine Maritime - it started snowing overnight on Sunday, continued all day Monday and finally stopped this afternoon ... lots and coupled with galeforce winds - so big drifts!

We are only 5 minutes from the sea and this is the worst snow since we moved here (10 years) - our gates are blocked with drifts on both sides so can't get in or out.

Attached are a couple of pix taken at lunchtime.

OOOOPS forgot to say were I was ANDERNOS LES BAINS 33510 .Its now 6c outside so quite warm compaired to up north .

I love the snow but am glad im not up north in it now .Its cold now 6c but no snow .Have the heating on and will keep my thermal vest on a bit longer than usual .

I'm in the same location as Steve - nice and warm here in Dubai, 30 C not 30 F! better make the most of it cos in two or three months it'll be nice in France and unbearable here.

We had possibly 40cm here 14

We have it here in the Monts d'Arree in Finistere. Although we are "Monts" and they call us montagnards we are only at 280m above sea level! In reality we have had very litlle snow this winter as we are only 30 minutes from the sea. It's not even sticking on the road outside the house at the moment. I heard it's bad in 22 though as the photos here show.

Over 30 cms on our farm 22310. Mairie cleared half way down the drive (their bit) so have spent the afternoon digging out the rest so MOH can get to the doctor's. He arrived in the village to find no snow settled but still coming down. Kids sent home yesterday lunchtime, school closed today and planned closure for tomorrow. One tree down from weight of snow and 2 new azalea standards broken!!!!

This was the terrace earlier. Now 25cm has fallen. Much deeper drifts and hasn't stopped snowing all day in St André, 22480.

This is from La Manche Dept 50 Normandie , most snow we've had in the 13 yrs we've been here![](upload://hhQPJ1swPvcnqjzHsEmfguXimtN.JPG)

Whilst not strictly 'my' image, here's what it looks like in my area today.... sorry!

It's a bit chilly here in 64 -- I might put the heater on later!! hahahahahaha!

Nothing here in Grenoble and i hope it stays that way - i have had enough of winter. Roll on Spring!!!

Wow! I love being down south but I do miss the snow.

We're up near Honfleur, this is the snowfall from overnight, and it's still coming down hard......