Big problems with mutuelle

Does anybody know if there is an Ombudsman for the mutuelle/top up insurance sector?
We’re having serious problems with our mutuelle not reimbursing us, not linking up to our state healthcare organisation (MSA), and basically doing everything they can to not pay us money that we are owed.
Since signing up with them we have discovered some really negative comments about them on Trustpilot!I asked the bank if I could just stop the monthly payments until we’d received or reimbursements, but they advised me against it as the mutuelle could take legal action against us.
We therefore need to contact a professional body who overseas mutuelles and healthcare companies, to get some professional advice.
Many thanks
SamBam

@fabien

Sorry to hear this, as chasing companies is such an irritating this to spend time on!

In France it is best to follow a for al process. So step one is always to write a letter of complaint and send it my registered post (with receipt) to your normal contact at your mutuelle.

If you don’t get a satisfactory reply then ask for details of the mutuelle’s own “service de reclamation”, and complain to them (details may be in your online account)

Only when you have completely these steps without success can you call in the mediator, and after that go to the Tribunal if necessary

I don’ know what yiu do if your mutuelle isn’ signed up to the mediator
Good luck

Hi everyone, before filing an inquiry to the ombudsman you should file an official “reclamation” to the insurance company (or the mutuelle). You letter should be a registered letter and it should have “reclamation” as the “object” of the letter. Once you’ve sent the reclamation they have 10 working days to answer you and 2 months to “solve” the issue. Have the 2 months period has lapse or if their answer doesn’t satisfy you you can then file the complaint to the ombudsman. The official website to do that is => https://www.mediation-assurance.org/

Hope that helps?

7 Likes

I seem to spend half my time chasing companies, tradesmen, etc. etc.

2 Likes

Same here. Problem with the lights in the pool and also a service on our pompe a chaleur.