Biggish nurseries for perennials

I want to buy some plants for French friends while we’re in France. We’ll be in the Orne, the Mayenne, south of Tours, and near Rennes. Does anybody know of any well-stocked nurseries in these areas?

Speaking just for myself and not my spouse who’s the driver, I wouldn’t mind a jog out of the way for some place with a wide choice of perennials.

I could do mail order for something special, but I’d rather browse in a shop and see the quality of the plants. Thanks for any help you can give.

Plant shows are fun, and a useful place to see what’s available. If this one isn’t where you will be, or when, then look up foires des plants rares to see if something else suitable.

I agree with @JaneJones about the plant fairs, which is where you’ll generally find the widest range of plants. However, they are rather spasmodic.

We’re north-west of the area you are interested in and have only been able to find small nurseries that are any good. However, there are quite a few nurseries around Rennes so you should get lucky. I like the look of this one (although I haven’t been) but I think Bruz is in the wrong direction from Rennes for where you are going.

Thanks to both of you for giving me some ideas.

We’ve never gotten to the Bagnoles event because we’re focused on visiting private gardens that weekend, but I can look through their list of pépiniéristes and maybe come up with a list of nurseries that would be fairly near where we’ll be.

And Bruz isn’t that far out of our way, either, so I now have a few names and addresses to put on my list.

Too bad I can’t bring plants home with me (to the US).

Can these guys help: