Bit of sad news

I’m sorry to hear your sad news Andy. We still miss our wise old labrit. I’m sure the good times with Tara will always stay in your memories.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

So sorry Andy :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Andy, so very sorry for your loss. I can only begin to imagine your sorrow. Hopefully, some day, your sadness will slowly start to be replaced by happy memories. Best wishes to you :disappointed:

1 Like

Oh, my sincere condolences.

Grief will take some time but I am sure you will carry in your heart always the many happy memories. I’m sure too that she will be waiting for you on the other side at your crossing.

Labs are amazing dogs and you must feel Tara’s death very sharply. My warmest wishes to you and to her mum Some animals just go on and on but some seem to go unfairly quickly.

As with all the other messages just wanted to offer understanding and sympathy to you all. Our pets give us so much !!

1 Like

Andy - all we can do is share with you. Although ‘A problem shared’ is never halved . . . but we got our two golden labs into their 15th year (I say ‘got’, because it is largely due to our human care, and a good vet, that you can keep a lab with you to reach that age). But when the time comes, it’s unbearable. As you say, it is “so good that she died with us”. I slept on the floor in a duvet with Melou, our top dog, for 3 nights as she worsened - so then there was no choice. I could not let her suffer any more . . . so I took her on her last car ride to our vet . . . .
Tara will never leave you.

1 Like

Hey, I am so sorry I am late with my condolences, but just wanted to say that I am thinking of you. Cxxxx

1 Like

Very sorry to hear your sad news

1 Like

This evening, we got a call from a couple of our closest local friends who are also members of our weekly hiking with dogs group. They phoned to tell me that their ‘close friend’, Barney, had just passed away.’ For a moment, the news didn’t register because Barney, a large and crazily enthusiastic labradoodle was like an elemental force of nature and one couldn’t imagine him succumbing so suddenly.

They told me he’d been buried in the garden and I mentioned, as explained above, that we’d planted a bush with a memorial plaque for our little, lamented Issa. “Oh no, we’re going to build a monument,” was the brave reply!

1 Like

My belated sympathies too @andyw, it never comes easy but as far as I can be I am to a certain extent inured to the pain of parting having gone through it many times. Happily almost all of ours have been a great age for the breed because we have always had rescue dogs that already had a few years on the clock. But a Rottweiler that, after a really bad life before he came to us, was mourned but not unexpectedly so, when he died at 12 and a half, and a Setter that managed 16 and a half with slowly failing sight and hearing, are just a couple of those that have passed through our lives.

I look in fond memory at the gloomy visage of Boss the Rottie in my avatar (he often had a big wide smile too) and the picture of my Setter, Tosca as she confidently got to her feet, no long slipping and sliding on the tiles, wearing her little rubber booties with the reflective flashes, that gave her the grip.

Their lives are always shorter than ours but but never leave it without endless pleasure. :joy:

2 Likes