Biting Insects

La Rochefoucauld, near Angouleme.

Just to reignite this post, attached is a flyer, in French, regarding a mosquito treatment product.

FT Vectobac WG 02-2016.pdf (1.6 MB)

VECTOBAC WG est un insecticide biologique hautement selectif utilisĂ© contre les larves de moustiques. S’utilise dans tous les lieux oĂč l’eau stagne de façon permanente ou temporaire (Ă©tangs, marais salants, lagunes), dans les zones rurales et urbaines.
Composition : 37,4 % bacillus thuringienis sérotype H14 (=israelensis) titrant 3000 UTI/mg
Dosage : Grandes surfaces : par voie terrestre ou aĂ©rienne Ă  la dose de 1kg/ha. Petites surfaces : Ă  l’aide d’un pulvĂ©risateur Ă  pression. Diluer 10g dans 5 L d’eau. Appliquer sur 100m2 de gĂźtes larvaires.

If you’re wondering why all my brochures are in French, it’s because I’m legally obliged. It is strictly forbidden for a professional to use products [in France] which are not ticketed in French.

Rob

2 Likes

This explains why there are goldfish in the municipal olden ‘laundry washing pool’ just over the little chemin from our place. Not just pretty but useful. I also hope the frogs/tadpoles get some. Thanks for the insight. :frog:

Put fishes in stagnent water ponds : Yes, @Rob_le_Pest wink: It’s these insects larvas natural predator. Except koi carps and few other veg fishes, most other fish species are either carnivorous or omnivorous.

You can also put batrachians : frogs, toads, salamanders, 

\

Other protection means : Several plants essencial essences are non toxic ( if used with care : never pure on your skin ! ) and are an efficient INSECTS REPELLER .
Nearly all are. Some are said more efficient than others ( ? ), among which : geranium and lemongrass .

A specially undertaken product out of geranium essence is named geraNIOL : You may find it only by herborist merchants ( or mixed with other components in branded drugs sold by chemists ) .

If you buy herbal essencial essences, try to get the ones bearing the AB Âź ( Agriculture Biologique ) label !

@Rob_le_Pest , @RayR , @anon88981270 , and @DenMarNor :wink: :

One of these secure suppliers of seeds and plants is @Kokopelli ( Association Kokopelli : contact@kokopelli-semences.fr ) [ “semences” = seeds, from v. “semer” = to sow . ] .

They are established in France and U.S.A.

1 Like

Thanks @Rob_le_pest for this hint.

If you experienced it, what //qualified pest controller did you hire ?

@Jean-Yves_Rollin To-date, I am first, and only Brit in France with French qualifications in Pest Control*. Apart from my wife, who I made take the course/tests in 2020, as a Christmas present instead of flowers and champagne. She keeps bringing it up in conversations for some reason. :grin::joy:

Any Pest Controller practicing in France must have French qualifications, any UK qualifications are not valid and the courts take a very dim view on non compliance.

I’m in the Cher, but I do have a network of recommended Pest Controllers. Or you can search pages jaunes for ‘DĂ©ratisation, DĂ©sinsectisation, DĂ©sinfection’.

If you require a Pest Controller, please PM and I will find someone near you.

• Before people try to correct me, 87500 St Yeirix la Perche, Jean-Baptiste is French and qualified, his lovely wife is English, and not (as far as I’m aware). They are a great company, certainly on my highly recommended list!
2 Likes