Blogging on SFN

Just a quick couple of questions.

What's happening with blogs here on SFN?

I see they now require approval before being published. Does that mean that some poor soul (James or Catharine most likely) is having to read each and every one before authorising their publication?

As I often schedule mine to "go live" several hours after I've written them and occasionally "revisit" them to correct spelling or grammatical mistakes, I'm also being informed that the revamped version is pending approval.

It also gives the impression on the general live feed that I'm attempting to flood the site by posting the same piece more than once. I'm not.

What's the thinking behind the change? Is it to preempt potential spammers? Does it, or will it in the future, also apply to discussions?

Thanks for checking anyway :)

Hi Johnny

Any changes made to a post will always prompt a new activity feed update, whether they be comments left or corrections made. The feature is designed to do this. As the original poster you may actually be able to delete the unnecessary update from the activity feed yourself, I haven't checked that though. Perhaps you could check that for me - do you see a red cross in the activity feed next to items you have prompted?

Thanks

James

Jane, all content on SFN is PUBLIC, anyone can see it.

Hi James,

Does that mean that when I think I am putting a post or replying to one on the network that it is available to anyone who is not a member of the network?

Hi Johnny

I instigated the change as all new blog posts are automatically syndicated to our Facebook page) where they will end up on 6000 peoples walls). So I get to filter the stuff that should be a blog post. Your posts are always excellent so it's nothing to do with your content, just the "where do i get a job' kind of posts which should be elsewhere! So in answer to your question, no it doesn't and won't apply to discussion posts. If I could make it not apply to your posts I would, I'll look into it.

Thanks

James