Body Language.... this doesn't look good

After a professional lifetime of sitting in meetings one develops a keen eye. I think Johnson is not in a good place. If one of my senior managers had ever looked like that I’d have sent them home, via the Company doctor’s office. I actually feel sorry for him, it’s all too much. This isn’t a problem that arm waving, bluster and joke in Latin can fix.

4 Likes

There was a similar image yesterday of him staring at the floor when Sir Graham Brady contributed to the Lock Down debate…

1 Like

The one on the left.

He’s firmly moved to the right now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

The look of a person who can’t get out of his head the saying, “Be careful what you wish for. You might get it.”

And possibly the words of Enoch Powell, “All political careers end in failure”.

3 Likes

Perhaps the mother has just read, or perhaps seen the film of, The Midwich Cuckoos…

1 Like

Hé does look rough, not surprising after what he’s been through this year.
He’s not my cup of tea but I wouldn’t swap with him.

4 Likes

If Johnson thinks he’s a problem with backbenchers, look at this clip to see what the Irish Prime minister is up against. A rural pub revolt :flushed:

2 Likes

I agree Peter. To be honest I thought that our PM looked decidedly unwell. Perhaps he still has some ‘Long Covid’ effects to contend with.

Or perhaps some “long Brexit” effects.

1 Like

In contrast to mine - M. Castex - who looks in rude health…

2 Likes

Like him or not he has been through a lot both politically and personally. Don’t forget he also became a father which is blinking hard work too !!

1 Like

Becoming a father requires no hard work at all - it’s acting as a supportive and committed father that places demans on the individual and by all accounts, de Pfeffel Johnson doesn’t like to get too involved…

5 Likes

I’m sure he’s already forgotten he’s a father.

2 Likes

You underestimate Carrie!!!

3 Likes

No, he has just heard that the recently erected Blue wall in the North is in the process of collapsing.

Our son was a ´no sleeper’, he didn’t sleep for the first year, until he started walking. It was hell for both of us as he used to sleep in half hour dozes. Once he slept in a four hour stint, he was about 3 months old. . He awoke at about ten o ´clock in the morning and actually called the doctor who was his godmother to ask if he may be ill !
I promise you it was the most difficult period of our lives…

1 Like

I dislike Johnson. He is not up to the job of running a country like Britain and NOW he knows it

1 Like

But he has a well-developed knack of dismissing any glimmer of self-awareness that might arise in his consciousness, simply by talking himself into a state of short-lived elation.

I fear he is a lost cause, and doomed to a downward spiral and a wretched future of bitter regret for his many failures and misdemeanours, especially vis à vis his estranged children.

2 Likes

Yeah and how did he do that? By shagging some younger woman whilst his wife was having chemo. FFS.