Booster jabs - do we wait afterwards?

Speaking of pompiers on another thread, anyone had their booster? We’ve got ours tomorrow. Do we have to sit and wait 15 minutes for any side-effects to emerge as we did for jabs 1 and 2? Just want to know if I should take a good book?
And the pompiers? It was lovely being made a fuss of at jabs 1 and 2, :grin:

2 Likes

Are these booster jabs going to become necessary to retain vaccinated status ?

I had to wait after the other 2, so expecting the same for the 3rd and you might as well be prepared…

Flu jab booked for next week… then 3rd jab in early November for us.

1 Like

I believe that is under discussion today … yet to be voted one way or the other…

And these boosters are still for over 65’s?

They’re doing the OldFolks’ Homes etc first… and the ages drop gently as they did before…

One has to wait 6 months after the 2nd jab… so the youngsters (anyone younger than me) will obviously become eligible for a 3rd… some time down the line… but not yet.

Just wondering if I would lose my ability to travel, if I don’t have the booster.
I’m 57 & not considered vulnerable, but don’t want to lose on a technicality.

They’re discussing to ensure this doesn’t happen… you can’t have the 3rd yet anyway (I wouldn’t have thought)…

There are rumblings that everyone will have the 3rd at some stage… as time goes by…
ie as the dates (6 months) fall into place…

I had my third a few weeks back, and had to wait the 15mins.

But doesn’t seem to have altered my pass sanitaire. Presumably at some point “they” will determine the average length of time that the first two jabs remain effective, and your certificate will hit it sell by date. But maybe all academic if the situation improves and no longer needed.

Friend who is currently undergoing chemotherapy had her third way before 6 months were up as considered highly vulnerable.

3 Likes

of course… anyone who really needs a jab, gets one without delay… thank heavens.

It’s been made clear that the time-scale is for the average person…

Over 65’s plus the vulnerable at the moment, given that there is a six month gap between the second jab and the booster I can’t see any travel restrictions coming into effect until well into 2022.

Same in the UK - including not updating the NHS app. I’m happy with that for now but if having or not having had the booster starts to make a difference in the UK (less likely I sispect) or in France (possible) I might get a bit more agitated.

2 Likes

No, just to stay alive :joy:

1 Like

I’m surprised Jane. We were given new printed ones before we left the surgery this afternoon. Ours now say 3/3, confirming we’ve had the booster.

Waited 10 ish minutes and then gave up our seats in the waiting room to the next couple who had just had their vaccinations and came home. The guy who did the vaccination - not one of our doctors, seemed to be someone from Pfizer - suggested paracetamol for this evening and suggested a calm day tomorrow. Not what OH has planned as he’s collecting a trailer load of wood.
My arm is currently achy. Hope that’s all as we both had quite severe reactions to the second Moderna.

Hope you and OH don’t have too bad a reaction… just enough to let you know it’s there… I heard one bright spark say… If it doesn’t react is it 'cos the needle was empty??.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, you wait as before.

I had mine, immediately i could Fireman said i was the first at their location. Had to wait as before, but different injection Pfizer. First 2 were Moderna. Doctor said best medical advice was to have different one for third. Gave better protection. My wife goes in 2 weeks. She is also having Pfizer, as her first 2 were Moderna.

That’s what we’ve had - same “family” of vaccines.

Pfizer booster efficacy looking pretty good.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizer-biontech-report-high-efficacy-covid-19-booster-shot-study-2021-10-21/

Very good news. Seems Covid vaccination is a three dose affair.