Bordeaux Aviation History in Pictures- including droop-snoop

Well worth a look, if you’re stuck indoors… seeing some of the old planes… brings back memories… and who could forget the droop-snoop :hugs:

2 Likes

Wonderful images of a time gone by.
As an ex aviator myself, you cannot but be in awe at the skill and tenacity of the aviators of those days long gone with their minimal instrumentation and lack of computerised navigation to circumnavigate vast distances safely.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it… I’m sending the link on to my young grandson… coming up to 10 years old… he is fascinated by all things mechanical… and flying, he reckons, is “almost magic” :hugs:

Never considered myself a magician stella but always extremely humbled by the opportunity to get airborne and enjoy the magic of flying.
Capture the moment and get him a trial lesson at his local airfield then see how wide his grin is when he gets back on terra firma :wink:

2 Likes

Fabulous pics Stella - thanks for posting them! I spent most of my working life up in the skies and just love the nostalgia of it all - happy days (mostly lol!!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My plans rather flummoxed the old dears in my Girls School. I wanted to be an Air Quartermaster… as this would involve me learning to fly. yippee

Sadly, I went from A1 health and eye-sight… in a swift downward spiral… and never did achieve that dream.

Thankfully though… I found other ground-based thrills and spills just as exciting… so no regrets. :hugs:

In later years, visited Duxford many times… got to clamber (with the kids) over all sorts of planes and even the Concorde… :heart_eyes:

1 Like