Boris Johnson to go on trial for 'lying and misleading' in Brexit campaign,

3 Likes

Is this going to be a contributory straw to breaking the great manā€™s broad and brawny back?

I very much doubt it. :grinning:

Keep an eye open for Take Back Control caps incorporating a straw-coloured wig. Why didnā€™t I think of that earlier and rake in the proceeds of sale? :thinking::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Couldnā€™t happen to a nicer chap.

As previously noted I think it might be a hard one to prove but will be watching with interest.

2 Likes

Me too. ā€œThereā€™s many a slip 'tween cup and lipā€. But heā€™s swum free of a deluge of spillages in the past.

Having read the cases put forward by both the
Solicitor and the QC for Marcus Ball, I was persuaded to put some money where his mouth was.
It should not be acceptable for MPā€™s to feel that they can say anything using the guise of campaigning.
I hope this comes as as a bit of an eye-opener to others.

At last, someone being held to account for the lies that persuaded so many to vote leave. Hope it scuppers any chance that this nasty weasel has of becoming the next PM.

5 Likes

I can see him falling on his sword over this one - with humble apologies being given to his doting ā€˜blue rinseā€™ supporters who think he is a ā€˜lovely, funny manā€™ as he really must clear his name.

Couldnā€™t happen to a more deserving pillock (other than Farage, but he is too intelligent (compared) to fall into a trap like that).

3 Likes

And makes many others think before they open their mouths.

2 Likes

If this goes to trial and heā€™s found guilty every MP will have to employ a ā€˜fact-checkerā€™ for fear of prosecution if they say something thatā€™s incorrect, not sure thatā€™s what people really want.

Iā€™m hoping that there will be others worrying where this is going.

Farage needs that smug grin wiped off his face.

5 Likes

Would it have been OK if heā€™d said it in Parliament under privilege?
Can he say what he likes when heā€™s in the Dock?
Still canā€™t believe so many fell for the lie (sorry, not ā€˜lieā€™ - incomplete statement, as he omitted to mention the amount returned by the EU of that Ā£350 million) in the first place.

The EU dont actually return any of the Ā£350 million as the UK deducts the rebate before it is sent - and Johnson knows that. but he doesnt let a fact get in the way of a headline eh?

1 Like

We still need to hear what is happening with Leave and Be Leave overspending during the Referendum and just where Arron Banks money came from.
Perhaps this will stir things up and let the alt right know that Remain are not going away, but are going from strength to strength.

2 Likes

Thank you for the disambiguation. :slightly_smiling_face:

And this would be bad becauseā€¦?

5 Likes

Donā€™t they employ researchers at the public expense?

1 Like

We should encourage people to enter politics not scare them away with possible prosecutions if they make a mistake, this should be seen as a ā€˜one-offā€™ nothing more.

Come now Tim, deliberately contrary as usual. BJ should have been well aware of the facts in this situation. No mistake, deliberate manipulation of numbers to persuade people to vote leave.

2 Likes

Whether or not he is found guilty, MPs should employ a fact-checker for fear of talking bollocks. I had much rather the representatives of the people told the truth.
Stop the numpties being stupid and stop the liars misinforming the electorate.

4 Likes

Which is why I said this should be seen as a ā€˜one-offā€™ Mandy, the guy is a knob but most MPā€™s arenā€™t.

How many times has the likes of Diane Abbot got things wrong (think the cost of employing more police officers for example), innocent mistakes but still incorrect or as Vero has politely put it ā€˜bollocksā€™.

1 Like