Boris Johnson to go on trial for 'lying and misleading' in Brexit campaign,

62218074_10216212378315247_2396023883477024768_n

7 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes

Fascinating insight

He doesn’t make me feel better, actually he makes me feel ill.
Let’s hope he makes another gaffe, comme d’habitude.

1 Like

The buffoon was on WATO on Radio 4 this lunchtime - just could not answer a straight question, talked over the interviewer and STILL claims that the solution to the Irish border question is ‘easy’…but refused to say how or why.

We are on the road to oblivion…

5 Likes

Once again the Conservatives are just going for someone they perceive will beat Jeremy Corbyn and/or führer farridge in an election and not ‘in the national interest’ but their own.

1 Like

Don’t see a good ending for Johnson, assuming he gets into No 10 and:

Calls a GE - Tories get wiped out, see Peterborough.
Looses confidence motion - leads to GE - see above
Tries to renegotiate - gets told to go forth so:

Resurrects May’s deal - gets lynched by own party
Revokes A50 - gets lynched by everyone
Blows out with no deal - pat on back for about 20 seconds then:

Realises we weren’t joking about “Project Fear”, crawls back to Brussels asking for deal - gets lynched by own party.
Soldiers on to 2022, the country is a mess and the Tories get wiped out at the ballot box - gets lynched by own party.

May will wind up being remembered as only the 2nd (or even 3rd) worst PM of our era.

Like May, Johnson craves power. Like May he should be careful what he wishes for (and very careful not to end sentences with prepositions :slight_smile: )

https://politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/06/13/boris-johnson-is-heading-for-downing-street-but-he-ll-hate-t

In fact I don’t think it matters which candidate gets to No 10 - things will most likely pan out as above.

3 Likes

At least fellow Europeans can see the state the UK is in:
IMG_20190614_200757

5 Likes

I’m having a little difficulty with the translation there…… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have much more than a spattering (a few unrelated words) but that headline makes sense to me.
Is it a parody?

google translated:
The big clusterfuck of the Tories Leaving the EU could have disastrous economic and social consequences for Britain. Theresa May tries to prevent him halfheartedly.

Yup. Maybe that’s the reason for the half-heartedness. It suits her purpose (as if there was any other reason May does anything).

That’s a very good point, it never occurred to me that revenge could be her motive, but it makes very good sense.

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned…”.

I favour Hanlan’s razor: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence”

There is no other explanation.

Yeah, I got the gist without Google :wink: :slight_smile:

May, as they say, is an ex Prime Minister, she has ceased to be, if she wasn’t nailed into No 10 until her successor pries her free she’d be running through fields of daisies, or wheat, or something.

Is there any evidence she’s trying to prevent anything other than just hanging on waiting to pass the poisoned chalice to the next incumbent?

As I said, it doesn’t really matter who gets in - Johnson would crash and burn fairly quickly - he lacks the skills required for the premiership and I think he would be exposed early on (though he is not without the capacity to do some spiteful harm in the role). Someone like Hunt might, in other circumstances, have made a decent PM but he is also starting off with the wrong ideas. He’d last longer but still fall foul of the prevailing parliamentary and electoral arithmetic - the wildcard, of course, is Stewart but I don’t think he will upset the apple cart by getting elected. At least he would not actually loose face by asking for a further extension.

2 Likes

Many politicians aspire to be PM without having the capability to pull it off, vanity often gets in the way and the country is left with a poor leader. If you then throw in an unsolvable puzzle such as Brexit chaos ensues and everything grinds to a halt. I believe that rather than just be ‘anointed’ Johnson (or whoever) should immediately face a GE after being made leader, that way the country gets to voice their approval or disapproval.

3 Likes

Oh dear Paul, I now have a sickening image of May running in slow motion through a field of wheat with a Cadbury’s Flake in her hand…ready to give BoJo a ??? you can insert your own thought here :joy::dizzy_face::scream:

I’d rather not, ta very much :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Sunflowers not wheat.:wink: