Borne de recharge

Arriving soon, 11kW for €349… :thinking:

So it’s arrived. Seems ok. @Badger here’s the English and French portion of the manual. It seems straight forward enough and the product seems decent quality and tough enough.

Lidl Car Charger.pdf (1.5 MB)

@Badger, a question if I may. I’ve changed the main tableau, all done properly now and I’m a lot more comfortable.

I now need to take down a partition wall that has the cabling to the garage attached to it, so that needs to come out. It needs redone anyway as it has two cable runs into the garage, one of which is sheathed and the other is a trio of individual conductors that are not properly double insulated.

The tableau in the garage is split in two, one side for the garage and the other for the car charger that the previous owner had, with each side being connected to one of the two aforementioned cable runs and having its own RCD.

I want to maintain the ability to fit a car charger at a later date but is it necessary to configure the tableau and cabling in this way or can I install a single run into the garage tableau and then any future car charger could just be hooked up to an appropriate disjoncteur ?

So in effect they form two separate tableaux? i.e. two 3-core feeds, each hooked up to an RCD/ID?

If possible I would endeavour to supply the EV charger directly from the main tableau, via it’s own 10mm² conductors (unless a long run forces that upwards). This would be isolated at the main tableau by a 40A disjoncteur & Type A (or, ideally Type HPI/FSI) inter-diff or a Type A (or HPI/FSI) 40A disjoncteur différentiel. This assumes that you have monophasé & would therefore fit a 7kW max. charger.

You could use a suitably sized single run for the whole garage & charger setup but that wouldn’t negate the extra ID or DD for the charger, but it would introduce more connections that will be carrying a high load for several hours at a time, which is always worth avoiding.

Exactly this.

Unfortunately, the main board is at the very front of the house and the parking is at the back. I’m thinking that I could take 16mm² to the sub-board in the garage (from an appropriate disjoncteur) and then either keep the board configuration as is or rationalise it to one RCD and suitable disjoncteurs.

I’m sure either is fine in terms of load capacity and I’m just thinking about the norme for car charging and if that would drive a particular solution.

That’s all possible. The supply to the “tableau divisionnaire” would need to be fed direct from it’s own 63A (or lower depending on length of run) disjoncteur in the main tableau & not via any 30mA ID/DD.

Once at the garage the new board will need local main isolation (an interrupteur-sectionnaire of 63A or above) prior to splitting to two 30mA IDs - one for the garage services & one specifically for the EV charging.

1 Like

Thanks. This is how I have it now with each cable attached to a 40A disjoncteur, which is more than adequate for the current (sorry!) load from the garage.