Boundary wall horror

Ah sorry, I missed that.

I have assurance juridique with my bank, Crédit Agricole. I cannot comment on how good it is as I have fortunately never needed to use it.

I do not know if they would become involved in an incident that occurred prior to the policy being taken out.

Thank you, no I am aware no company will become involved in an incident already taken place, but I think in future its a good idea to have one and a good one.

No doubt Fabien can confirm but I believe this is another difference between French and UK insurance policies in that many French household policies include assurance juridique automatically. I used to be insured with MMA and it was included, but when I changed my insurance to CA they sold it as a separate policy.

Hi Vero, thank you for this what is the greffe?

It’s basically the court admin service. The greffier is the clerk to the court I think but Véro will confirm.

1 Like

Kosher is a Jewish word referring to food and its blessing, however it is common in English as a slang meaning legitimate, genuine or correct, commonly used nothing to get too deep about used to mean correct in the context of my sentence

They still do as I changed to CA in June and had to purchase the juridique seperately from the house insurance and it comes out of the bank as a seperate payment on the same day too! This is both the previous branch in another dept and the new branch in my new dept I am with now

Yes that is correct and my son used them to officially translate and stamp the attestation for his his british birth certificate for his PACS paperwork seven years back

Food doesn’t have to be blessed to be considered kosher, which is actually a Hebrew word.

It isn’t an expression we use in French except in the sense of religious purity re food etc so a French person would, at best, be very confused by its use and probably not understand at all.

1 Like

As you have not received any direct communication stating that a prosecution is to take place, then it probably isn’t happening. What the neighbour tells you is what is known as “hearsay evidence”, and as such it should be disregarded. There is no need to worry about how to cross a bridge until you actually arrive there.

You seem pretty certain that all is in order in relation to the position of the wall, so just gather the relevant papers together and wait and see what happens, which will probably be nothing.
A written statement from your architect friend would also be helpful to your case.
Probably you will never need to use it, but it’s useful to have all the same.

Try to divorce the matter of the position of the wall from that of your claim relating to the damage thereto. Pursue the claim with the company involved via their registered office, and if they try to cloud the issue in relation to the position of the wall, then just issue a flat denial of any error in construction having taken place, and tell them that you have all the relevant documents with which to substantiate the matter.

Above all, don’t let this issue ruin your life. Let the knowledge of being in the right be your comfort, and remember that he who laughs last, laughs longest.

4 Likes

Thank you Robert, I really appreciate your advice, very well considered and actually reassuring. My friend the architect always helps and is helping now, she measured and was reassured correct at time of building. She does not charge me and is a friend. For her work she works each day with Marie, therefore im very reluctant to implicate her on my behalf although I know she is contesting it. I have not sought to pursue claim, since news of counter claim but it has been reported to correct people just waiting for them to reply, very senior so I just hope. I mean I just don’t know what a civilian is supposed to do I was lucky to have an architect friend…I am also conservation.

1 Like

Be resolute, determined, and persistent.
Pursue your claim to the utmost.
Show them that you will not be dissuaded by their smoke screen.
Percy will help you —Perseverance that is.

Well… the real estate… it appears the down payment is less expensive… but then it appears there are often heavy renovation and maintenance on some properties over years, bought by Brits… :slight_smile:

So who knows, perhaps for many it’s just the wine that’s cheaper?

1 Like

They’d understand Halal food though. It’s basically the same idea. I’ve jewish friends with two fridges, one for meat and one for dairy. Never the twain should meet. It all probably made sense in a hot climate in the distant past.

1 Like

Yes again from the food point of view, but in French we don’t use the word halal as a slang expression meaning OK any more than we would use the word kosher for that. So we might know what the word means but it’s its use as slang which we would have trouble understanding.

3 Likes

I would add an initial step to this list of engaging a géomètre to confirm whether or not the wall was correctly built, not relying on a friend. Your strategy could change depending on result.

3 Likes

We could start a trend Vero :slightly_smiling_face: As I’m sure you know, loads of words in common English usage have a Yiddish origin, For example bagel, chutzpah, glitch. I’m even inclined to moan about the schlep to Carrefour myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes