Boxers collection - Has the world gone mad?

Selon France 2, qui cite une source policière, le boxeur portait des gants renforcés de plomb.

The news stories from London are no better with crowds of thugs prowling around Westminster. The news that I’ve found distressing from that city is the news about the young moped rider who was stabbed to death yesterday. None of the news reports that I’ve heard have shown any surprise or horror that a crime like that happened on London’s streets. All the reports have mentioned that the victim appears to have been in a road accident while riding his moped. Not one of them has commented on it being illegal for him to do so. Are traffic violations being totally ignored these days? It sounds more like the Wild West than a capital city with a West End.

Come on Dan, having a corkscrew as your photo isn’t exactly mature is it and I have no idea what you mean by me supporting the Jilly Jones. I have no hard view, I see myself as a guest here in France, an observer. It’s not, IMO, for me to approve or disapprove of how the French choose to protest.
Having reviewed the thread title I now see the problem, there’s an apostrophe missing in “boxer’s” which caused me to assume the plural rather than the possessive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heartfelt apologies John - I confused you with someone else - My wife rightly thinks it’s dementia kicking in and advises me to refrain from posting anything until she gives her approval. Sounds like a good idea.

The corkscrew logo is a brand image l use on my blog which mainly revolves around the Bordeaux vineyards and production of the redstuff. Never thought about it being immature - just a bit of fun and relevant to me.:blush::blush::blush:

This message has been approved by MOH.

2 Likes

No worries Dan. I didn’t mean to cause offense.

1 Like

Hi
Interested to see you blog please! #nosy but also about to start approaching Bordeaux based wine producers as part of a project - will pm you!
Also, whilst it is a LOVELY corkscrew and I’m all for branding, there are really good reasons why we use photos on SF - it does stop 99.99% of the usual forum nastiness, so if you could be persuaded to upload a photo of your good self, that would be fab!

1 Like

What about all the others cat, think a reminder from you might persuade a few more especially the members who contribute regular.

1 Like

@mick … someone has expressed fear… that use of a photo … might lead to flirting :thinking:

not that I’ve noticed anything untoward in the time I have been on the Forum… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely agree :slight_smile:
Problem is that I am on here all too rarely and whilst @Stella @vero and many others do a stirling job in ‘enforcing the party line’ re behaviour, posting etiquette and of course, alerting me and Mr H to “Things That Need To Be Dealt With”, Stella can’t be everywhere (!) and Vero also has a full time job!

So, if any of you regular contributors would like to (gently and politely) remind posters why we think it’s such a good idea and post the link to the explanation post, we’d all be very appreciative!

Xx

2 Likes

Hi Catharine - It is a Photographic blog and you will find it here redstuffdan.wordpress.com.

1 Like

Bit of entrepreneurial initiative here… a GJ Santon which you can put your own slogan on. Only in 7cm it seems.

1 Like

I did try a while back but had a lot of responses that people weren’t comfortable with it :upside_down_face:

No problems for me, I am quite happy for folks to see my ugly mug, I do believe also that it gives more of the dinner party atmosphere that you and James aim for. We all from time to time sit down at a table with people we don’t know, seeing their ‘faces’ leaves me feeling that they have nothing to hide and are quite comfortable being open and sharing with others.

Of course if there is someone on the most wanted list, or royalty, posting here then I do understand their need for anonimity :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve had people before now claiming to work for Mossad :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Je n’avais pas lu cela fleur…j’ai lu dans un journal britannique que sa femme et lui avaient ete gazes et qu’il a “deborde”…il a dit qu’il avait mal reage…

Thing is…it’s against the law to verbally or physically attack a police officer :thinking::thinking::thinking:

More than 1000 officers have been injured so far during the Jilly Jones riots - a funding appeal for them is doing really well!

3 Likes

Great pictures! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

These yellow vests seem to be attracting the dregs of society, a friend got held up in a big traffic backlog leaving Bordeaux at the start of December. The car infront of him had an Asian family in it. He couldn’t believe the abuse these poor people got from the yellow vest bully boys.
I don’t know what the answer is to this serious problem but it will make a lot of people think twice about visiting France.

I very much like the corkscrew image, and the mention of personal images supporting the ‘dinner-party’ ethos and spirit of good-natured fun.

But I can’t help my having a mental image of sitting facing the corkscrew at dinner, and wondering if anyone (not me I insist, but maybe an inebriated and disinhibited guest) were to reach under the table and twist his screw, would both his arms go up in unison?

Perhaps this is why it is polite to keep one’s hands visible during the meal at dinner-parties, lest debauchery prevail! :fork_and_knife::thinking::scream::open_hands::grin:

1 Like

This is my little corkscrew gallery of reactions - The arms raised is 'shock’:blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

@Dan_Wood how devilishly ticklish, you clever man! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like