Breaching the 90 day rule

who knows… tell 'em the tale… have backup docs…

If the Mairie/Embassy give the go ahead to enter France, they would/could provide a document to confirm …

…and we now know the Tories were probably really complaining that the weekly amounts that could go to the NHS, weren’t going into their own pockets instead of the EU.

1 Like

Agree with some of the other posters,i think most people British and French(most of whom scratch their heads in disbelief that people voted to inflict misery on themselves) are totally bored with the stupidity of Brexit,the unnecessary hassle and are slowly ignoring a lot of the nonsense.

You phone the embassy and ask for an emergency title I guess, and they would probably require some proof - a medical certificate or insurance statement that your presence is necessary.

Or chance it at the border, again with lots of proof.

These rules apply to all non-europeans and have done for a long time. What people are fed up with is British people complaining about it! Americans, Antipodeans, Asians just get on with it.

Nigel played it well, not complaining, speaking the language, smiling and being polite. Always the best way to deal with these administraive issues.

2 Likes

Could you claim asylum, from a corrupt government regime?

I stand corrected!

It therefore should be easier then to find 17M people and hand them over to Jeremy Charkson… :rofl:

I am not moaning! far from it - I am the one who has a ready supply of fresh tomatoes and do not have to wait behind 7M in hospital! OK, I am paying a fortune in duty on my car parts, but I can stomach that, and is my excuse to wish them all strung up. Nooo, not moaning!

1 Like

Nail firmly on head. Way to go. :smile:

Not complaining about the rules,complaining more about the complete morons that have put us in this position,we have had our European Citizenship taken away from us and have now got less rights in France than most people from the rest of Europe .If you are happy with that good luck but please don,t expect the rest of us to be so accepting.

1 Like

It happened 7 years ago now. Move on.

4 Likes

No

5 Likes

Can I recommend 10 minutes a day in a calm place with om mani padme hum. Works wonders for acceptance,

There are FOUR lights!

I’d rather Padam Padam tbh.

55 years old and 35 odd years into her career and still manages to have the biggest song of the year. Iconic.

I have great respect for your invaluable contribution to SF and will continue to have.
Being in a better place than many of us by having 3 citizenships is a great position to be in and I am pleased for you, I and others are less fortunate.
I will never master the french language so no citizenship for me and its isnt for the want of trying, it just doesn’t sink in.
I came to live in France 15 years ago because I could and continue my life much as I did in England thanks to being an EU citizen. I am lucky that I have earned the right to stay here post Brexit but so many have now had that opportunity taken away on a whim of an ill informed UK corrupt set of politicians.
Yes we have to move on but that isnt to say we were robbed and can still talk of that fact.

5 Likes

Talk about it sure, but one has to accept it and not let it dominate. Anger is very destructive and diversionary.

2 Likes

It’s not just the fact of Brexit but that it was dishonestly “won”, yes anger might be destructive but so is Brexit - every single day, every time I get a stamp in my passport when entering the EU, every time a business fails under the weight of trading difficulties with the EU, every time I go into the supermarket and find bare shelves, increased prices and goods on the shelf past their “use by” dates because they did not arrive in time.

I’m not up for accepting anything yet where Brexit is concerned.

9 Likes

Brexit really is turning out to be the “gift” that keeps on giving… this time, it’s the turn of the steel and energy sector to bask in those sunlit uplands.

Regardless of Brexit, outsourcing key industries to overseas interests was always a horrifically bad idea.

5 Likes

And what the **** were the people that run Britain doing in the four years between the vote and Brexit. Steel etc. industry was an obvious industry for which trade arrangements needed to be settled quickly.

Some days now I feel as though I was on the last helicopter out of Saigon, having come to France shortly before Brexit. Even though I would have made my home in France anyway due to other things but would have been a bit later and better organised.

1 Like