Brexit Advent Calendar, what did you get today?

My MP is Shadow Minister for Agriculture, so I shall be on his case.
Our farmers, who have been encouraged to go organic and export , will not be able to do that with the organic certification if there is No Deal.

US will not function without modern ’ slaves’. Everywhere in Texas you have places where you see a lot of men hanging around. As a private person, If you need something done you go there and say how many men you need. (2013 rate $20 for a days work) . If you want to treat the workers well you might even buy them a McDonald burger. And if you are really nice: if the guy gets badly hurt you drive and drop him of at the emergency hospital (I think they will be treated for ’ free’ , that is the cost will be carried by all with an insurance). Companies hire smaller companies who in turn ‘hire’ dayworkers…

Dayworkers are everywhere, they mown your lawn, build houses, roads, …

Slaughter houses : hire a lot of ’ illegals’, then once in a while workers are rounded up and sent back Mexico.

Restaurants: I would say every restaurant in USA hire Mexicans, illegals and
legals. If you visit any restaurant, look at the kitchen. Couple of years ago had an excellent authentic Swedish Christmas dinner, all made by mexican chefs.

I got a David Cameron song:

2 Likes

I have a Dutch friend here that lived around New Orleans for a while 25-30 years ago. He worked in the oil industry, & says that he’d never seen such a rich / poor divide anywhere else.

The US will offer a deal where it gets to hold all the cards and when told to bend over we say “how far Mr President”.

By the time any of our incompetent politicians actually wake up to this fact it will be too late to re-join the EU.

I despair

Also told to “Open Wide”!

1 Like

I despair of anything to do with Trump. All those strange people who seem to hang on his every word.
He shouts That the Democrats are after him and his business dealings when
he is the only President in the present day who has refused to open his tax affairs for scrutiny.
Bernie Saunders is on his case.

FWIW I don’t think Saunders has much of a chance of actually being president. What will matter is what candidates emerge on the Democrat side.

Lots of trouble :woozy_face:

Control :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Good Old Days ! ahhhhhhhhh :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like