Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

The problem is totally Boris. He has an idea and because he thinks it will work he expects everyone to follow him and then when he finds it is illegal he doesn’t care and goes ahead anyway.

1 Like

A couple of interesting articles in The Guardian today on how for the EU brexit hasn’t meant doom and gloom at all - indeed has in some ways been very positive…

1 Like

OTOH (not that I support this view) just for balance:

Just not for the UK.

Says Johnson - not the most reliable of opinion, I suspect.

Yes, do you believe anything Johnson says? I don’t.

Let’s wait until there is a reliable source of information based on facts, like GDP and unemployment levels and waiting lists for healthcare.

2 Likes

I believed Johnson when he said

In a Telegraph article, written days before a published version in which he backed leaving, Johnson wrote of the EU: “This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms. The membership fee seems rather small for all that access. Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?”

2 Likes

The trouble is that Johnson couldn’t have cared less either way.

We regularly watch this chaps videos, no fannying about.
He is starting to look ill!

Oh look, the thin end of the wedge on roaming charges.

I remember arguing with people about this one “oh they’ll never do that” I was told.

I suspect this is going to be a “once one domino has fallen” situation.

4 Likes

Just watched João Vale de Almeida the EU ambassador to UK interviewed on Newsnight… …v grown up diplomat, struck a very different and positive approach to the future relationship to those of the politicians on both side. Now need to zip Boris’s and Raabs gob and let somebody from UK talk to him.
Fact is as a none politician he doesn’t have to play to supporters in the gallery as Macron, Merkel, and Johnson do.

Ambassadors have to strike the political line of their masters.

Well, looks like EE are the next domino in line.

Hmmm… perhaps truly patriotic Brits shouldn’t be going to Europe :thinking:
What about abandoning your French place,Paul, and getting a nice pad somewhere better - like Australia? (Sorry about being facetious - I can’t find the sniggering smilie to give the right tone…)

1 Like

With my surname I’m sure I could find somewhere in Aus which would welcome me with open arms :slight_smile: I find the ferry crossing to Canberra is a bit on the long side though.

Oh, for the sake of accuracy O2 are only tightening their fair use cap, not introducing extra charges - unless you want more than 25G I suppose in which case you’re either out of luck or have to cough up, it’s not clear from the Indie article.

Three are also reducing their fair use cap.

1 Like

or Greenland :thinking:

Falkland Islands :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: they are on the green list aren’t they??

1 Like

Almost certainly! They are BRITISH :smiley:

1 Like

EE…now a subsidiary of BT who need to up their income and increase margins to boost becalmed share price.
The rest will move shortly and with O2 now owned by Virgin media who in turn are 50% are owned by cowboy john Malone of Liberty looking to pay of a big funding debt won’t wait long.

Perhaps Lord Frost has ommited that many either didn’t think at all or else didn’t give a s**t
It’s interesting to see week by week just how Project Fear is turning out.

1 Like

Roaming Charges…
will this also mean a return to the days of people with English mobiles incurring charges on French mobiles when they call them?
If so, I will put a bar on all 0044 numbers.