Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

Why on earth would the PM need to protect the North East from the endless benefits of Brexit?

4 Likes

to create a level playing field so that the whole country can suffer equally perhaps? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The only beacon in the NE is Newcastle…the run down so called left behind is centered on the Tees and Wear, not the Tyne.
You can take horse eat you’re can’t make it drink,… sprinkling Boris or Rishi dust won’t solve the attitudinal problem.

Tediously predictable, innit?

1 Like

Trouble is that just one small activity will trigger the daily charge…so use free WiFi in the cafe as you have coffee, forget to deactivate, and then mobile picks up a link and delivers data and bingo the daily charge is triggered…its not just a matter of avoiding out going calls or texts,…and I think but not sure it works the same if an incoming call is answered and ditto an incoming text.
Problem is that understandably uk contacts will not phone a French mobile number, which is why I have kept UK network.

Why not?

It does come out of monthy call bundle so can be up to 40p per minute

I didn’t think anyone paid for calls anymore

sadly you’d be right a year or two agp.

But since early 2020 the UK mobile networks have been clawing back, building in some huge automatic price increases and reducing benefits. And it’s not as if they weren’t profitable before.

Of course you don’t pay for uk-uk calls that’s the idea of a call inclusive bundle, but calls to none uk fixed and mobile numbers are priced individually…O2 do gave a subscription offer that allows calls to such numbers at reduced rates…but you’re still paying a monthly additional subscription cost.
Maybe nobody from UK tries to call any French number of yours?

That’s why most people use WhatsApp - free calls anywhere, anytime

2 Likes

Except Facebook will be reading everything, and making money out of it.

1 Like

Unless Orange give them a bung as part of my monthly “all in” abonnement, they certainly don’t make any money out of me

3 Likes

Change to Signal - it’s both private and owned by a charity.

2 Likes

What is Signal?

It’s an app that does exactly the same stuff as WhatsApp, only better - just search your app store for it and take a look.

there you go John

Why would one change from WhatsApp which is now fairly ubiquitous to Signal?
Nor really bothered about big brother Google aka WA reading my conversations…as I’m sure they gave many more interesting ones than ours chat mainly to our kids about serious things like the best tomato feed, what nappies are best and did you watch All Creatures Great and Small on Channel 5…we lived near Thirsk!

1 Like

Totally agree, we lived near easingwold, and have similar chats to our children. Voice and video which is invaluable.:smiley:

It’s more than that as outlined here:

https://www.rd.com/article/is-whatsapp-safe/

1 Like