Brexit.... squeaky bum time

He would probably enjoy that. Oh no, that was Cameron…

3 Likes

The Bummingdon club?

1 Like

gnome-shell-screenshot-ZTBTU0
@cat so, you are going to have your cake and eat it :grin:

1 Like

oh, please… really???

Well someone has to enforce which side of the border the fish have to stay!

3 Likes

This is really worrying for us here in Brittany Graham. It’s likely that local fishermen will respond very robustly - and my guess is that Macron - who has clearly decided to go for right-wing votes and let the left take care of itself - will probably back them.
Could lead to much anti-English feeling here.

It is of course all in line with right-wing Tory ideology, and moreover plays well to their agenda of deception:

• Ideologically - abandon standards of law and morality and return to the ‘gun boat diplomacy’ of the Great British Empire;
  • Deception - what better than another cod (etc) war to distract the simplistic patriots?
1 Like

I’ve said it before - the ERG will only be satisfied with full-on war with the EU

And sending out patrol boats will lead us there.

I think they might also find less of an appetite to buy fish from UK sources too, which given that much of the high value fish is exported to Europe is counter-productive.

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing funny about no deal. I do worry it will lead to a war and all because of a bunch of total and utter idiots. I am talking about the ERG element of the Tory party.

They have the same prolem in Ireland

They are the chief culprits, but Jermey Corbyn ,alias Humpty Dumpty, didn’t help.

1 Like

Were Change UK or the Lib Dems any more useful?

Not really. the Lib Dems really messed up.
The point about Corbyn is that he, potentially, had a much wider sphere of influence had he chosen to use it to stop Brexit.

1 Like

True. But I think he should have been honest about not wanting to stop Brexit. That way one way or another this mess would not be so bad.

The Russians will be pissing themselves laughing…

2 Likes

Absolutely. Then the left would have felt more free to think for themselves.

Clearly Boris is preparing for the French to leave a sinking ship, just hope its empty and not full of our precious fish.

Could be the Yangtze Incident all over again. Starring Bojo as Richard Todd and Gove as Roger the cabin boy…

Very good Jane :smiley:

It’s unbelievable really that they seem to think there are no consequences to their actions - on 1.1.21 the EU border automatically closes to UK residents, do you think that hostilities between UK naval vessels and French will make France/The EU look more favourable on letting us travel again or less? Do they think it will make the EU more, or less likely to buy our fish.

The loonies truly have taken over the asylum.

2 Likes