Brexit......Support the rejoiners

It has to be regional to some extent. Places like Norwich would I suspect traditionally use local labour. Cities such as London and some other areas are certainly having problems.
The market town where we used to live in East Yorks seemed devoid of anything other than local workers ( Chinese Restaurant excepted :grin:).
Not too far away across the Humber major problems now with vegetable crops rotting and outside our old market town big problems for pig farmers who are unable to get stock to abbatoirs due to labour shortages at the abbatoirs hence stock not being dealt with.
It’s pointless Brexiteers and Con supporters ignoring reality but unfortunately these problems exist.

1 Like

Three years ago at to spend Christmas with my brothers and families in the Yarmouth area. Yes the range of stalls nowadays is amazing.
In the good old days of rock and roll I/ we used to get to Norwich for about midday, have stroll around the centre, find a pub lunch somewhere the park up close by or as close as possible to CR and walk around to the ground for the home games. Great days.

1 Like

Interesting development here:

I was unable to find any content except for information on the participants. Clicking on ‘read more’ in the first and third sections I get this

That’s odd Michael - the link works and the whole site is there for me.
We need somebody more tech-savvy, like @billybutcher !

1 Like

I tried Safari and Chrome browsers.

Well, following the “read more” link I get the same as above - a page not found error.

Oh I see what you mean - me too! - I just used the top menu!

Phew… so glad it’s not just me… I’ve tried the Search section there, as well… “not found”…

It’s a brand new initiative - the content will appear as the commission’s work progresses.

It’s obvious where it will end up: the position Labour proposed under Corbyn, ie. EEA membership or equivalent + negotiation of a few tweaks to the single market (although I think Corbyn’s would have stood a better chance of support from other countries - there is a big lobby especially from southern Europe for similar changes to state aid, but tweaking in right-ward directions (derogation from product, employment, environmental, etc standards) will rightly receive short shrift.
Still, it will probably provide ammunition to take the UK back to what the brexit campaign actually promised in 2016 - EU exit but more-or-less with EEA membership.

Signed and shared on social media :wink:

Yes - first two ‘read more’ links now working. Looks promising.

Would that I could sign.
But I hold the wrong passport.