Brexit talks will not be quick or painless, says EU's chief negotiator

They were never going to be.

1 Like

Ms Maybe lives in cloud-cuckoo-land

1 Like

So does the EU if they think they are going to last without the UK.

1 Like

Interesting, isn’t it? Threats of military intervention to support Gibralter & now openly hostile politiking between the EU & UK. In the space of a year the brexiteers have managed to destroy European peace which had survived & grown since 1945! Not something to be proud of - what silly, small minded people brexiteers turned out to be. And STILL none of them has actually put into words what exactly the EU forced the UK to do which was detremental to the country!

2 Likes

I just watched Mrs May on TV giving her doomsday speech outside Number 10 and it made my blood run cold. If this is the way the negotiations are going to be conducted the British government is set to alienate the whole of continental Europe.

Although I think there’s a lot of goodwill towards UK amongst our European neighbours and fellow-citizens, I think her provocative stance is liable to damage it. What can we do by way of damage-limitation, if anything? Or should we just sit tight and hope for the best?

2 Likes

Luckily she won’t be doing the negotiating.

Tell me more…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The actual negotiating will be done by the Brexit Minister, currently David Davis, not the Prime Minister. He will be supported by an army of a Civil Servants.