Brexit Vote, what next!

Good quote, hope you like mine…

…as do “insufficient braincells”. Anglozone

:wink:

2 Likes

Only that isn’t what you said, what you said was:

Yep - the history is confused. Halifax had long advocated going to war - which had indeed already started (as somebody has already pointed out) when Churchill became PM. Later - in the wake of the catastrophic Dunkirk defeat - Halifax favoured exploring peace terms.
After Dunkirk, incidentally, Churchill credited the heroic resistance of the French army during the expeditionary campaign with saving the UK from complete defeat - which (like many details in his real life) doesn’t fit so well with the English Churchill myth-making.

1 Like

I walked the shankhill, crumlin streets etc during those times and the peace process hasnt made much of a difference, its still going on only the media dont report on it any more. Rumour has it that the new wing has dug up some of the utensils of the old mob and are now using them. Whether there is a border or no border, it wont stop the lads having their barneys.

Oh well who cares about the GFA, what does it matter eh, ditch it seeing nothing has changed.
Good grief :frowning:

2 Likes

I can imagine that “things still happen” - the point is not that things change overnight but they do so gradually - as peace prevails and prosperity improves the old tensions become less and less important - but it can take generations and we’re what? 20 years down the line from the GFA.

That is why the peace in Ireland is fragile, why it is so important to preserve it and why it will not take much to reignite sectarianism there.

But, of course, the likes of Cummings, Farage, JRM, Johnson, Banks etc couldn’t really give a s*it about all that.

3 Likes

#mindboggled

1 Like

You win

I will just leave this here… Hopefully a Leave voting member might be able to explain to me how in Christ’s name we came to this!!!

@cat

Perhaps you should re-read my comments. I am on the receiving end of nastiness. I just disagree, and you know what that’s allowed. Is this an echo chamber or serious discussion?

Please flag any personal comments and I will deal with them.

1 Like

3 Likes

As I have said previously 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a flaming manual.

1 Like

I ditched Facebook a while back for various reasons…and the one man who I have listened to every week for many many years is now getting strikes against his YouTube channel and videos removed and is once again currently unable to upload his broadcasts…

1984 and Animal Farm left a lasting impression on me (along with watership down and the hobbit…!)

Max Igan…in my opinion is one of the most honest and spiritually perceptive people on planet Earth right now…if anyone has never heard of him then you can catch up with him at The CrowHouse…

Oh yes, as far as I am able and can afford.

Hold the front page.

A journalist says that Gove talks b0ll0cks.

Personally I think it’s more that Gove is a fecking liar

1 Like

Hold on to your hats :tophat: looks like Boris is now considering calling a General Election :roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Shame, another referendum would be better!! I think we all know what the result would be this time around. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like to think we do but I’m not 100% confident of anything anymore!

1 Like

The forum title SURVIVE FRANCE actually is now quite relevant!! ( Ps do not worry @anon78757855 not applicable to you - I do not want to start that off again ) :kissing_smiling_eyes:
:laughing:

3 Likes