Brexit

brexit
eu

(Bernhard (Bernie) Otupal) #1

All,

wouldn't it be nice to have a special Brexit forum? I am not British and really liked SFN, but am thinking about leaving, since nothing else is discussed any longer.

Regards

Bernie

(Peter Bird) #2

Well Bernhard, start a topic for us. Talk about anything which you find of interest.

(Tony Marwood) #3

All,

wouldn't it be nice to have a special Brexit forum? I am not British and really liked SFN, but am thinking about leaving, since nothing else is discussed any longer.

Regards

Bernie

Good suggestion.

That sums it up for me too, and I suspect whatever topic was started someone/some people would manage to included a 'Brexit comment' somewhere along the line.

(Jiles Halling) #4

Bernie, it depends what the point of such a forum would be. If it were to repeat the same arguments that were discussed over and over again before the referendum then I cannot think of anything worse. Besides, I think that there would be a very, very limited chance that anyone, whichever way they voted, would change their point of view as a result of such a forum. For better or for worse the referendum has happened and the votes counted. In my view it's time to move onwards

(Peter Bird) #5

Quite right Jiles. i'm still waiting for Bernhard to suggest a suitable topic. Anything will do ie sporting, political, musical, DIY et al - the possibilities are endless.

(James Higginson) #6

Bernhard has posted a (non Brexit) topic here.

(Peter Bird) #7

Thanks James, just received the "Worth a Read" message with it included.

(Peter Juselius) #8

Guardian has weekly BRexit news: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/30/brexit-weekly-briefing-splits-over-timing-of-talks-and-single-market-membership

(Peter Bird) #9

Some hope for the 'Remainers' ?

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/08/30/482366/UK-Brexit-EU-Thom-Brooks-May

(Valerie Skinner) #10

(Peter Juselius) #11

cool wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkpS-yBj7gY

(Tony Marwood) #12

James/Catharine, never mind about a separate Brixit forum, why not just change the name of this site to the “Crapping on ad infinitum about Brexit Network”, as I’m sure that’s what some want…………………

(Catharine Higginson) #13

Unfortunately Brexit is top of many people's agendas. And I say unfortunately because it's probably going to have a lot of impact on many of us and I fear, not for the better. And I totally understand that people want to discuss it at length.

For those of you who aren't interested and getting fed up with the subject, the only thing I can suggest is to do as you would at any good dinner party and start a new conversation!

SFN is user driven. If you all want to talk endlessly about morris dancing you are entirely free to do so....!

(Barbara Deane) #14

Or Go Go dancing!

Does any one remmember that!

But what is happening in the world of poliitics just now is having a huge impact on our lives.

On all of us? Or are any of us safe from the what is happening right now and in our future?

(Peter Bird) #15

Just as safe as before the Brexit vote Barbara, nothing has or will change that much.

(Bernhard (Bernie) Otupal) #16

Please don't take my proposal personal. I am a UK fan and understand your new challenges. Was really just a proposal :-)