Britain at its best…

Or don’t bother cutting your hair - I get mine trimmed probably 2 or 3 times a year.

1 Like

Oh no! Looks a real mess. Not a good look for me. As my mother so tactfully said some years back when I came home with a neat Vidal Sassoon haircut - “It takes 10 years off you.” :roll_eyes:

Yes, unless you have mega-confidence and great hair structure there comes a point where it needs to go!

1 Like

Mine makes me look a bit like witch or actually I think I look like a witch anyway whatever the hair situation. Rubbish photo I just took.

It has taken me half a century to like my hair.
God that looking glass is filthy.

9 Likes

@vero Just checking - do you weigh the same as a duck?

5 Likes

If it was a very big duck. DEFFO a witch :grin:

4 Likes

Many parsecs better than looking like an unhygienic toilet brush that has done battle with a llama with mange.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOO :scream:.
(Apparently the above isn’t a complete sentence. )

1 Like

That often ? :open_mouth::grinning::laughing:

1 Like

They take off 5 to 10cm usually.

Is that you’re natural hair colour @vero, because that’s identical to mine, and not that far from the same length … hence @hairbear. I think it’s a great look, but then I would :smile::+1:. My last hair cut was in 1988 and no scissors are coming anywhere near my hair until my body is cold.

1 Like

Yes all natural :grin: delighted to discover a fellow member of the tribe

Alright for those who can grow it! I decided the Rick Parfitt look wasn’t for me back in the 90s, and it’s a run across with the beard trimmer about every 3 weeks now. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Although mine is quite long, it’s been thinning for a few years now and that’s shortening the length :frowning::cry:. I’m also getting a bald spot on the crown :exploding_head:. My hair has been shocking white since my mid 30’s.

Love the colour of your hair :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The things I love about the UK are the country pubs with beer gardens, the Christmas feeling and music, the great choice of food, in both the restaurants and supermarkets. I was blown away when I arrived at 21, Aussie supermarkets at the time were nothing like it!!

Initially I missed the enormous convenience of just about everything, but now acclimatized I don’t miss it at all. Going back sometime in July for the first time since moving, so will be an interesting experience :grin::grin::grin: certainly got used to the peace, tranquility and spaciousness!

2 Likes

I miss almost everything about England - Lived in many places over the years but Cookham and Burham Beeches were particularly lovely. Dalston and Hoxton in East London were some of the most enjoyable places and working in the City of London was fantastic in the 1980s and 90s. I also miss, with a passion, English gentlemen who really did know how to treat a Lady.

I must say I find good manners here more prevalent, but maybe I’m missing something :wink:

1 Like

I suspect Tory you’re too young to remember the Aussie orientated boozers on Earl’s Court road in the seventies with dustbins of ice and XXXX tinnies :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes