Britain Bullshit

I feel far, far safer here in France @tim17 and don’t see a need to offer any criticism.

So do we Graham, but France has got many of the same issues as the UK ie PPE is in short supply, this was the appeal from our nearest hospitals on Friday -

I saw a graphic over the weekend (may have been FB) which indicated the number of cases of CV in the Charente and Charente Maritime.
The figures were encouraging indicating a very low number of cases in the 2 Departments over the whole of France.
Surely there has to be some management of scarce resources?
There are places in France desperate for PPE stuff and it is quite appropriate that these are targeted at the places with most need?
IIRC the supplies are coming through - the public at large are just not being lied to as is the case elsewhere :wink:
I’m not trying to be deliberately awkward over this comment but having spent some time (in a former life) considering the nuclear issue (and similar threats) and the management of the protection of the public I can see parallels here so sorry if I sound uncaring. I’m not - just a pragmatist.
Beyond that admission, my lips are sealed :zipper_mouth_face:
In Edit:
les masques sont arrivés

1 Like

Not exactly covid19 but associated in the respect that it concern the issue of self isolation.
This just beggars belief!

4 Likes

It is China that needs holding to account.
After this debacle I hope all free countries will start to thing twice about any involvement with China and decided to become much more self sufficient.

1 Like

Here’s another interesting angle from the BBC on the EU’s role in the crisis.

Why is the UK so interested in the EU suddenly, now that it’s left?
Not schadenfreud, surely?

Please elucidate.
Are you of the “its the Chinese virus” brigade?

Surely I don’t need to?

Didn’t the virus start there?

Don’t they abuse animals to a degree unimaginable?

Didn’t they disguise the facts?

Are they even now telling the truth ?

However, you are free not to think that of course.

Graham Lees

8 April

Annej2003:
It is China that needs holding to account.

Please elucidate.
Are you of the “its the Chinese virus” brigade?

4 Likes

There is no doubting that this virus was discovered from Wuhan and the Chinese authorities shut down the wet market.
Whilst we talk of non politicisation of this tragedy, China is still issuing figures which do not stack up with what has been seen inside China, e.g. the amount of urns containing human ashes which were photographed and the ‘official’ number issued by the Chinese authorities.

As I understand it, the mutant viruses came from so called endangered species.
Clearly they are the real danger to human life.
The sooner they are eliminated, the better.
Nuke the goddamned lot of them!

À trivial dispute escalates to an act of violence. Brings back fond memories of summer holidays on Margate beach…

Mr Punch (squeaky-scratchy voice) “Oh, yes you DID!” (brandishes colourful pole)

Mrs Punch (shrill piping voice) “Oh, no I didn’t!”

Mr Punch (furious shreik) "You DID!! (strikes woman violently in the face with pole, who tries to defend herself with raised hands)

Oh how we 5-year-olds laughed!

(No women were injured in this dramatic reconstruction) :joy:

Jaysus Peter, careful you will have the woke army after you.

1 Like

It was just one instance of being able to disprove what the Chinese authorities are saying.
The doctor who was the whistle blower and was reprimanded and subsequently dies is now being hailed as a hero, by the people.

Unfortunately NHS staff were threatened not to Whistle Blow even though they have a protected right to do so.

1 Like

In the Home of the Brave and Land of the Free you can get fired and even lose your licence for talking about shortcomings of the hospital where you work.

2 Likes

I was referring to China, although the same appalling threats were made in UK.

This is not the UK warning on the EU’s capabilty to survive Anna but the governments of Italy and Spain themselves.