Britain Bullshit

Still not a public holiday so l’m off out to give the tondeuse a run around the garden and contemplate the meaning of osteo arthritis and incontinence apropos " is God real" - Happy Easter.

2 Likes

Bringing some balance.

This is the man that sent letters to UK pensioners living in the EU that, in the event of a Hard Brexit, the UK would only pay for our healthcare for six months, despite the fact that we had paid contributions throughout working lives.
He didn’t care if we lived or died!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I really don’t see your point (if indeed you have one).

Why do you always pontificate, prevaricate and generally beat about the bush - l wish, that just for once, you would tell us exactly how you feel about Johnson instead of this nuanced critique more suited to an op-ed in ‘Nun’s Weekly’. :innocent: :wink: :innocent:

1 Like

I know, I know! I’m inhibited, constrained, terrified of contradiction, Dan. I need a life-coach? Do you have a long waiting list of clients, I just know you’d be ideal!

BTW love your avatar/icon, sets me in a dizzy spin! Did you design it yourself? It suits you!

And yet it isn’t a bank holiday even. The thing is, I can remember Jesus’ death as I mow the lawn but He came back to life and was mistaken for a gardener himself. I don’t lose my belief behind religious rigidity. On Sunday I will celebrate, I may also eat chocolate if I can find some. But it is so strange with all the churches silent today and will be on Sunday.

And that isn’t on, I don’t like him. I still don’t wish him dead, however, if the next plague is boils, as the people’s prime minister he should suffer it as an example to everyone.

If anything I suspect that he would end up being semi-deified and it would become a case of “get Brexit done to honour Boris’s memory”

2 Likes

Yes, and we must all clap for it as well. :grin:

As I had said Paul…“it would be demanded as a tribute”…

Hmm, my mower broke down, Divine Intervention? I did say my prayers at noon, and Jesus did answer the Pharisees about their narrow and rigid Sabbath rules, and I take His answer seriously, especially as I am in a situation where I have to work where and when I can with the current situation. I have a history of winding the church up, especially about the Bible, and I have met a lot of older church people of certain denominations who used to tell me it was an abomination to work on Sunday (as a low-earning disabled person I worked on Sunday when I had to) but anyway, my answer, apart from saying that the Vicar worked Sundays and what if the emergency services didn’t? was, Sunday isn’t the Sabbath, Saturday is. In the Jewish world ‘Shabbat’ is Saturday, the seventh day, no work from dawn until dusk, in the Jewish Calendar, Sunday is Yom Ri’shon, the first day. So is the whole church wrong?
Did Jesus say we weren’t to work on the day He died? I did ask, but He mumbles.

3 Likes

Why not, why should I try to pretend to feel something for this man who didn’t give a damn about us.
I try to be a Quaker, but I have never been so discriminated against by this government since I became an OAP and moved to France.
He is a proven liar and all those who are now totally forgetting just what he stands for because he has been ill need their heads examining in my opinion.

3 Likes

It’s okay to be angry, what has happened over Brexit is not on at all.
Boris hasn’t suddenly become a saint (although some think he has).

Are there any Quaker meetings around? I was way too hyperactive to ever sit still for an hour.

It is not just Brexit, it is the theft of our WFP by inclusion of Carribean Islands in the weather data for mainland France. If you lived in the toe of Italy you still got your payment and that is one hell of a lot warmer in winter than here in the South of Burgundy. The past two Tory governments have lied to us, they said that they would repeal the fifteen year rule on voting, which they have not done.
We used to vote Tory, as did many of our friends, decent professional people who had worked hard to give themselves and their families a decent standard of living, but who do not recognise the values of the past two Tory governments.

Ahh, you have cleared up a mystery, THAT is why someone I know was complaining that her friends in Spain get it and she doesn’t! I was baffled.

1 Like

So were we. How anyone could get away with such an injustice is beyond me. Of course, he is now Sir Iain Duncan Smith for services to saving the Treasury money on the backs of many pensioners who came to live in France to make their money go further.

I think you need to try much much harder Jane. :grinning:

I know, I drink their allocation of wine as well.

1 Like