Britain expels 23 Russian diplomats

Nowt wrong with the ruskies; they are decent honest hard working people just like any other peoples around the globe.

Thank you also Carol. In the Russian people I’ve met I seem to see many similaritĂ©s with the Norman French: a strong affinity with the land, with the natural environment and with ‘paysage’- the traditions of small village life such as thrift, parsimony, common courtesy, hospitality and self-reliance. The Western caricature of the Russian personage is as crudely racist and xenophobic as that applied to other foreigners, and just as deliberately insulting.

Treeza and Bojo try to create a rift between the Russian people (“we have no quarrel with the people”) and their government. Perhaps these two entertain another regime change. They would do well to pay more attention to their own backs.

I wish you and your daughter well and it is good to have a well-founded opinion on this issue (not to suggest that other opinions are not equally valid, I hasten to add) :wink:

2 Likes

@Peter Goble Thanks for your kind reply. Which made me think of the reason why i like Russia and the Baltic countries. In fact my husband’s parents were born in Ukrainia and my hubbie was born in France. So i got attached to ukraine and russia also even if we haven’t been to my in laws birthplace as my husband was in the french airforce for many years thus he could not visit the said countries but our daughter could live there. A lifetime of memories.

1 Like