British Corner Shop

I was looking for British Corner Shop today and couldn’t get onto their website, so I googled them. They have gone into administration! I placed an order a few months ago which was never sent, and eventually they refunded my money.

Since then I have used British Essentials but they didn’t respond at all for 2 weeks, having taken my money. Eventually I got a reply to an email and they sent the order - may have been pre-Christmas rush.

Can anyone recommend a reliable supplier of British goods to France? Thanks

Have you checked out all the big super and hypermarkets especially Carrefour, Super U and LeClerc,they all seem to stock various items? Also any Comptoir Irelandaise shops and here, I found a small international supermarket that stocks items from all over the world, but at a price. You can see on Amazon where goods come from and I would personally choose an Irish supplier as you may well get caught for customs duties for anything from the UK if sent by parcel.

There’s another tread I started a while back with plenty of useful info

2 Likes

thanks.

Irish supplier is a good idea. I have bought baked beans and brown sauce in my local Intermarché, but no Cadbury’s chocolate anywhere near here!

Our Action sells lots of different UK chocolate items including chocolate bars. Not sure what Cadburys items there are as we don’t eat that sort of thing, but it’s worth a try if you have one nearby. As far as baked beans are concerned, we buy the French version which is identical and a fraction of the price.

We use Brit Super Store online: https://www.britsuperstore.com/

Great service. Cheers - Steve

Hi @Jackie_Hall

Without giving away more info than you wish, whereabouts are you??
with a little guidance from you, we might be able to steer you towards the products you crave :crossed_fingers: :+1:

I was going to stock up on a couple of tins last week in LeClerc but theyhad put them up over 40 centimes in less than a couple of months making them just short of €2 each. Not paying that for something I only use to bulk up other dishes and the taste has deteriorated too so not nice on toast these days. Have to agree about the french version but they are like hens teeth around here!

I ordered a phone for my wife from a firm supposedly based in Holland and the parcel came from Hong Kong.

Just read this on their website:

“If your items are returned to us, held/rejected by Customs or you refuse the parcel due to any extra charges, we are unable to offer any refunds for contents or shipping.”

Its called drop shipping, the annoying bit is where they promise a delivery date to get your order and then inform you it’ll be 3 weeks.

Did they send it by parcel monkey because that travels all over the world before it arrives?

Don’t know what Our Action is, do you have a link? I DO eat that sort of thing, nothing compares to Cadbury’s Dairy Milk. And I don’t agree about the french haricots blanc sauce tomate, ok in chillis etc but don’t taste like the sugar and salt ridden beanz I like!

I’m in the Hérault near Agde.

It was a while ago. Sorry, don’t remember.

It’s just called Action - @hairbear was saying Our because it’s their local store.

PS - my Carrefour sells some Cadbury’s chocolate now… and I’m in deepest, darkest Medoc so it’s not to cater for hordes of Brits that do their shopping there. I’ll take a look next time I’m there to see if they have Dairy Milk but I know they definitely sell Crunchie, Cadbury’s Fingers, etc…

Action is a store. There is one in Agde.

1 Like

Just looked on the Action website. They do loads of stuff like Lion Bars, Snicker, Twix, Milky Way, Mars Bars, Celebrations and Quality Street in tins (well, plastic) etc. They don’t seem to do any Cadburys bars though.

Action are really good for small children’s books and educational toys. I use one of those Febreeze air fresheners in my toilets and they cost nearly €5 each in the local Super U, Action does packs of 3 for €7! Carrefour do Cadburys Milk chocolate but at a price and the last bar I was given as a present tasted stale. Lidl do Cadburys chocolate cookies sometimes.

1 Like