British TV to Europe to end?

we’re already supposed to be in the shadow footprint of the sat signal, will they tilt the satellite further toward Iceland to cut us off completely?..

Whold that not mean The Channel Islands not getting a signal

My favourite 2 channels, and I’m no Marxist, if you don’t like them why not simply not watch them? That’s what I do with all that so-called reality rubbish.

3 Likes

I assume Michael was being ironic David - though to many of the keyboard ‘culture warriors’ I come across on social media, anything vaguely intellectual, or even reasonably educated, is regarded as ‘marxist’ - it tells you nothing about the BBC (which in reality is politically centre-right) or about any other media - it just tells you they don’t know what ‘marxist’ means!

2 Likes

David which two channels ??? BBC1, BBC2, BBC4, News, Parliament, CBCB, plus Channel 4 that makes 7 :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

It could do, although the Channel Islands still got decent coverage after the last satellite change.

What is just as important is whether it is legal to pick up the signals.

With Free To Air that seems to be OK.

With services that you have to pay for than it is quite possibly not. Many organisations who will sort out satellite and broadband access to services in the UK you have to pay for are in fact “spoofing” the supplier by either providing a UK address for your card to be registered to or by providing a UK IP address so that it appears that you are in the UK. Neither of these things are criminal but they are in breach of the contracts with the service suppliers.

The world is complicated and it has just become even more complicated,

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

BBCs 1, 2 and 4 plus Channel 4