Brittany Cherbourg/Poole

The Barfeur is being pulled off the Poole/Cherbourg run a few weeks early. This follows on from Pompey/Le-H run ending. Ends 12 Oct rather than early Nov.

Thanks for that info. It’s no surprise, BF were very vague about the last sailings on the calendar this year (and for a while now) for the Poole Cherbourg route. The very friendly staff at Poole aren’t losing their jobs though, or so they told me when I asked. Not sure what they will be doing, maybe the Guernsey route.

The history of the Guernsey/Jersey bidding for the post-Condor contract is most unedifying, mostly for Jersey, who are a bunch of shysters. No shame from them, the story needs telling, they behaved just like a corporation, no morality.

No different to the isle of wight ferries owned by vulture capitalists.

Unfortunately I had to go to the IoW recently. My brother dropped me off in Southsea and for a change I took the hovercraft. Think it only took 8 minutes each way and was £18. I was going to drive but the thieving bastards wanted £150 each way.

1 Like

Yes, they are moving it to the Rosslaire/Cherbourg route to cover another ship (don’t remember which) that’s out of action.