Broadline - new cat flea, tick and wormer now avaiable in France

Blimey Ann that’s horrible!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Nightmares all round tonight then :space_invader::alien:

1 Like

I’ve never heard of broadline as I don’t have cats…(not that I don’t love cats too as I have had them in the past…)

Did she used to pull her fur out when on frontline…??? Could she be allergic to new ingredients in broad line…,??? Seems to be a completely different product…

Notable for me anyway is that Collies and Collie crosses should be prevented from coming in contact with a cat recently treated with broadline which would suggest ivermectin as a new ingredient…???

Mandy’s suggestion of a flea comb is great if she will tolerate it…

http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/veterinary/002700/WC500163991.pdf

1 Like

On the subject of animals, I took our English setter, Syd, to the vet for his annual jabs yesterday. Vet said that from now on the rabies jab is now only needed every 3 years (for the passport). We also use Bravecto for the dog, 40 euros twice a year. No side effects…

She was the same with Frontline. Will be getting a flea comb soon so will update you from my hospital bed…

3 Likes

Broadline is made by Merial, who also produce Frontline.
Broadline was introduced because of the many allergic skin reactions Frontline seemed to be causing and because of complaints that cats were becoming immune to it, so it was inefficient.
At the cat charity, Chats du Quercy, we use Broadline and Stronghold, both treat for fleas and worms, Broadline also for ticks and Stronghold for ear mites.
Neither will stop fleas from landing of the cat but normally they won’t survive.
Best consult a vet for further advice and if you have a big problem in the house, to buy a stronger produit

1 Like

Been to the vet today and they are no longer giving frontline as they say it’s become less and less effective against fleas. Now it’s Stronghold +.

Stronghold treats for worms fleas and ear mites, Broadline treats for fleas, a larger variety of worms and ticks but not ear mites. We use both in our Cat Adoption Centre at Chats du Quercy

1 Like

Stronghold Plus does ticks too. We’ve only bought one dose too see how it goes. Last year Broadline just didn’t seem to manage the fleas well at all.

Stronghold plus does cover ticks, but it still doesn’t cover the range of worms unfortunately.

Thanks Lynn, we’ll just have to see how effective it is. No doubt different vets recommend their preferred treatments anyway. We can always change.