Brown open mic gaffe

Hi James,
What I did love about the post is I became familiar with the issue, which I’d only heard a smattering of…thanks.

Susan

Catharine, it’s a twitter meme or hashtag and it is #nickcleggsfault

Read all about it here.

To provide a more rounded perspective the whole interview can be seen here.

Ditto, and thanks!

I tend to agree. Unfortunately the general public seems to have an overwhelming urge to be fed these type of stories but on the upside, this certainly isn’t true of everyone - hence the great twitter ‘its Nick Cleggs fault’ stream (is that the right word?) which was a real ‘ya boo sucks’ to the tabloid press.

Anyway, I had better go and do my job and stop messing around on here…!

Here’s the deal - there isn’t anything easier than criticizing. There isn’t anything harder than not being a “media giant” and good with the media. We have no mercy. I’m not saying Brown is god’s gift to British politics, I’m saying get on with it and stop tripping over the small stuff. I’m not really saying this to anyone in particular, it’s just that I’m tired of reading/hearing/seeing nonsense.

This is one of the things about instant media these days isn’t it? You simply can’t get away with anything anymore. I bet history would be very different if all the things people had ever muttered under their breath had been reported. I’m sure we could all imagine a few classic…!

I think, really, this poor man needs a break. Is anyone paying any attention to how he does his job?

This is a classic & so close to the election!