Butane Gas

Our hob runs on propane but the price is exactly the same as butane…

I’m not asking to be mean but I’m really confused why everyone seems happy spending well over €30 when you can get the same thing for €19 (well until this month anyway but still €10 cheaper!)??

We buy from our nearest supplier and have supported them for years… it’s a family run concession in a small village. They work their socks off and will “go that extra mile” if someone is in trouble.

We’ve watched as they’ve gradually built up their trade and now they’re under the Carrefour banner. It’s a pleasure to shop there and if I spend a little more on some things, I can live with it… it’s our choice.

2 Likes

Fair enough Stella!

But the smaller bottles don’t last as long…??? :thinking:

When my 3 spare bottles were delivered it was a very fit and slender young man who parked at the top of my drive and was carrying 2 of my 3 spare bottles one on each hand….!

That’s almost 50kg…! In my younger days at the gym the most I could ever bench press was 25kg (a 10 and a 2.5 on either end)

I asked if he could turn around and take them to my barn instead and he put the 2 down at the door of my barn and went back to his van for the 3rd….

I felt the least I could do was attempt to put one into my barn and as he came back with the 3rd and saw me struggling he asked if I was ok and promptly took it off me and ended up putting all 3 into my barn…bless him…I was really grateful for his kindness :heart:

The way I use mine on 3 appliances which is mostly 1 bar and turned up to 2 if it’s really cold means that they all tend to run out of gas around the same time so I always like to have 3 on my appliances and 3 spares in the barn ready to swap….

They are not smaller. They are made from a lighter material so they are easier to lift and carry. So it means I can carry them from the car to the garage and then from the garage into the house when needed.
They also are translucent which is very useful as you can see how much gas is left.

I used to be able to carry a 25kg Airedale - not anymore!

1 Like

That’s cool…! I like how you can see the level…

They still seem to have less gas in them than the regular bottles…10kg of gas to 13Kg of gas…

Yes I can’t lift my eldest boy (25kg) any more either

I can still lift my pup at about 20kg and my old gal who’s around the same maybe a little lighter…

My pupster has this thing at the minute running towards me full pelt on recall and then jumping up….he about sends me flying :grinning: