Butter (Lurpak?)

Yes and various central Asian people, actually it isn’t bad, depends on how cheesy the butter is really.

I’ve only ever drunk black or green tea or rooibos, all without milk, so I’m completely unable to imagine its taste with yak’s milk brie de mieux or whatever. Does cheesiness make it better or worse?

On the subject of weird gastro combos may start a new thread on marinades later this evening

1 Like

Absolutely, that’s what I find so facinating about the human bod.
Even more about the microbiome, how it influences what we do is new and exciting as they unravel some of the information.

No salt, no butter is not healthy despite what rubbish is written in magazines and other media including the British heart Foundation that are still misinformation years out of date as anything else would let everyone know they got it wrong and too many big ego’s in these organizations.

1 Like

I normally have milk in tea or coffee. Cheesiness from butter makes things HORRIBLE (IMO of course) - I’ve had buttered drinks in Thailand.

2 Likes

Maybe your system just needed a change for a while.

I like corn in various forms and have some locally ground farine de maïs ready to make bread with. I’m hoping I won’t like it too much and make it too often because I’ve got a feeling corn gives a huge bump to glycaemic index. Can’t beat it for making tasty rolls for soup though.

I really don’t know. Before we became French residents we had five years of travelling between the UK and our French house and on these journeys we’d always stop at aires where there was a Paul concession. And I always seemed to experience stomach problems when we set off again (fortunately not a coy euphemism for diarrhoea). I think the Paul bread contains dodgy additives, conversely while I seem able to easily digest some pain au levain, have had probs with our local baker’s really good stuff!

My wife is a former vegan (then she met me) who’s still big on glycaemic indexes, whereas I’m not a fan, but we compromise and it works out OK.

Mass produced breads often contain flour modifiers and gmo crops all to make bread faster.
I was on a course for two weeks, lunch was only ever mass produced sandwiches, by the 1st Friday my stomach bloating was really uncomfortable, others also complaining of the same once I mentioned it. Stopped immediately I went out for lunches. Never been food intolerant so lead me to look into wheat and gluten. Its not just coeliacs that have a problem. To a greater or lesser amount wheat and gluten causes a leaky gut. This inflamatory response is from opening up the epithelium and allowing the passage of some gut contents into the cavity beyond.
With sourdough some of the gluten has been broken down so that is the better option.

Certainly does.
Top Five Reasons Why Eating Corn Doesn’t Make Any Sense | Sapiens Kitchen.

I would like to say that the lectins are usually destroyed in high temperature cooking but I no longer eat cold corn/maize.

I watched a great video the other day. It was from a professor and it was about how we are still learning so much about our food and our bodies. He said the continuous glucose monitors you can buy are the greatest device to hit market. As Griffin36 said we are all different. He and his wife were wearing the continuous glucose monitors. Sharing their evening meal, his reading went high, his wifes stayed low. On another occasion his wifes reading went high and his didn’t change from low.
His comments were when you look at the carbohydrates and glycemic index of foods in a book or on-line we tend to add up the macros and work to a total. This is wrong as some people react differently to others as his happy accident experiment with his wife had proven. Also some foods counter others in glycemic terms thus a whole new approach is needed and personalised medice must come of age. Might also explain why Griffin 36’s friends suffered or didn’t as a consequence, certainly makes more sense this way. The gut microbiome, blood group types who knows but terrific steps forward being made.

1 Like

I so agree. We are at the dawn of a completely different world of healthcare and medicine. The reactionary pharma companies will battle against this like mad and there will be a huge amount of negative PR unfortunately. The more advanced ones will see what an enormous opportunity this all represents.
I think it’s one of the reasons Unilever wanted to be in on the ground by buying Glaxo.

1 Like

My hero

1 Like

I used to get whey butter at Lancaster Market. Wonderful with the oatcakes we bought there too.

I had never heard of them and this came up -desertcart.com arnaque? Vérifiez si le site est légitime

1 Like

Thanks. Useful to know.

Ask Lurpak, at Contact | Lurpak.

Thanks, message sent to them.

Currently out of stock but perhaps The Trading Post delivers to your area Lurpak Slightly Salted Butter

No one fancies making their own butter?
Did it recently by accident, was making some thick cream but went to far :flushed:

Thanks everyone, think she has settled for this one (for now anyway🤔).
I never had a reply from Lurpak about suppliers in France…

2 Likes