Calling all parents with children at school!

It will be interesting to see what they teach the teachers. Will this new approach extend to more modern teaching methods, or will it still be learning by rote?

I think that this will generally be better for us as with our 3yo Wednesdays have always been a bit of a problem. My wife works and I have lots of stuff to do so we often had to use a nursery- with attendant cost and travel issues as the nearest is about 7k away, across roads that are often icebound in winter. The school on the other hand is only 200 metres away! I am very much learning the French system from scratch but it will be immersion learning as I am just appointed onto the Amicale Laique and will be doing a website for them!

Sure, sorry, missed the primaire detail. My work must be distracting me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Do you mean there'll be an increase to 4.5 days for primaire? My boys are now in collège and lycée and both have school on Wednesday mornings.

The Toussaint holiday has been extended from 10 days to 2 weeks but the summer holiday seems to have been cut by a week, so they've lost about 3 days holiday.